User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikon decision

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I like the D90 because it's slightly smaller than the D300 (hope I'm right about that, but it feels smaller. Also, I find the dials / etc easier to use.

For a lens, I'd take a few primes. Sharp, small and light ... and if you take a few different lengths, then pretty versatile.

Oh, and I'm by far the in-expert at gear-talk! Enjoy shopping
    Cheers,
    Terri

Nikon D90 | Olympus XZ-1 | Nikkor 35mm f1.8 | Nikon 17-55mm f2.8 | Nikon 105mm f2.8 Micro | Nikon 50mm f1.4 | Nikon 18-105mm VR | Photoshop Element 7.0 | Manfrotto 190X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still use my D70, its a great light weight and capable unit - but like a lot of people I got the upgrade bug. After many hours researching online and visiting camera shops I settled on a new D300s.
    Very happy with it and the lenses I already had work well with it - I'm the weak link.
    Any good camera shop will let you try on site just take a memory card with you, try a few bodies with recommended lenses and when you get home check the results.
    If you like the lenses you have already, just buy the body and "if it feels good get it" - learning how to use it is half the fun..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. We bought our D300s from CameraPro in Brisbane.
    We have a D60 and today took possession of a D300S. As we live in Armidale we emailed several stores, enquiring about prices of Nikon warranty camera's. All replied, but the only one who could offer us a better price than their listed price was a store called CameraPro in the heart of Brisbane. This store was recommended to us by Major Panic here on AP, who has bought gear from them. They were the first to answer our email, and when we emailed yes to Jesse at 10-30 pm, by 10-40pm he had set the wheels in motion.
    This is their website, and as I said, they dropped the price a little more for us. We advised them that we were referred through AP and that might have helped, so if you go there it might pay to drop AP's name.

http://camerapro.net.au/index.php

We haven't had a chance to take a photo yet as the battery isn't charged yet, however we are going to the coast to try it out tomorrow. The service was great, the price the best we could get, with Nikon Aus warranty and we would recommend checking them out.

Below is the thread we posted.

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...ad.php?t=55620

Wayne & Di
    D300s and D60. Nikkor 35mm 1.8 & 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm; Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6; Tamron 90mm, Elements 8
    ...........................................................................................C&C is always welcome......................................................................

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D300. D300s. Or D90.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12