Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: LIGHTROOM - CREATE NEW fINE ART MAT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIGHTROOM - CREATE NEW fINE ART MAT

Hi Guys and Gals,

I am reasonable competent in lightroom printing module but am trying to make a fine art print with two (2) different photos in it. I can use a preset three photo template but cant seem to be able to remove one of the cells. So I want to create my own template. A simple landscape layout with two images on it. Ive created new package templates before but this has eluded me so far. Ive googled the hell out of it too with no luck. I can of course do it in PSP (and most recently resorted to that to get a draft out and I guess I could create a script in there to do most of it) but would like to do it in LR with the ability to adjust sizes, borders add text etc like you can with other templates in LR.

Any one had any luck with this?
    Thanks

Adrian Fischer
    Brisbane, Australia

Gear: Nikon D80, D300, Nikon 35mm f1.8, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8, 105mm f2.5, 18-200 VR, 70-200 VR, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8, Sigma 50-500, Tonkina 12-24 f4, SB-600, various YongNuo Strobes, various umbrellas, 6 x 300w studio flashes, various softboxes, reflectors, stands, transmitters and receivers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Adrian,

Can't help you with doing a pre-set as I have not had the need to do; but if you want to print the 2 photo's on the one page try this, it will work with various other pre-sets as well I think. Select your 2 photo's whilst in the print module, click on Fine Art Mat, when you initially do this you will end up with 2 pages, next you either change the row or columns (depending if it's landscape or portrait format) in the "page grid" section in the right side "layout" section. From there you should have your 2 photo's on the one page, all you need to do then is play around with the margins, cell spacing & size to get the sizes you want. I'm guessing from there you can save that as a template although I'm not 100% sure.

Hope this helps.
    Fujifilm GA645Wi
    Canon PowerShot G10
    Canon 17-40 f/4L 70-200 f/4L
    Photoshop Lightroom 3.6 & CS4

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Michael, I spent hours yesterday fiddling with that and even with my Scott Kelby Lightroom 2 book with for reference I never once saw the 2 pages when I did exactly as you said, selecting the 2 images and then fine art mat. I could kick myself. Really appreciate your help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No probs, easy enough to do, actually I think I may have had the same problem early on.