Hey Guys,

Did a bit of a search on the topic and couldn't really find anything so here goes...

I am after a bit of advice from AP members, I know there are a lot of people on the forum that have upgraded from a 5d to a 5D Mark II, and I wanted to get some opinions..

I have seriously been considering upgrading to a 5D MKII (feel free to talk me out of it! ) or a 5D Mk1. I really want a full frame body..

I currently have a 50D, 17-40, 24-70 and 100mm macro, all EF lenses (as I have planned to eventually go FF), and I have been considering buying an UWA in place of my 17-40, however I would also like better ISO performance. I have found anywhere over 400iso on the 50D is pretty bad, and I have heard the 5D's are a lot better (especially the MKII)...
Hence rather than buying a new lens, i thought I may as well make the jump to FF if that make sense, from what i can see there are a lot of benefits?

My question is, do you guys think I am better off going straight to the 5D MKII, or will I notice an improvement (mainly ISO) with just the MK1. Which ever way I go I plan on keeping the 50D as a backup body... Or do you think I should just forget it and keep the 50D?

Sorry I know this topic comes up a fair bit, but just wanted to get some opinions

Sorry if this is all over the place as well, its too early

Cheers