Thread: Online Image storage.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Online Image storage.

Who uses what ?

I've never been a fan of online image storage but i guess it would make a few things easier.

What is considered the best online storage(Free).

I would like to get some opinions of people what they use and are they happy.

It's not that i can't look for my self but i'm just easy(Lazy) going when it comes to that.

Thanks people.

Roof

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello

This site has it's own free image storage which can be accessed here: http://www.ausphotography.net.au/gallery/

If you prefer another online storage place, try www.photobucket.com
    That is a very popular site for online storage and is a very good one in my opinion.

Cheers
    T.S.
    -My Gear:
    Nikon D600 -/- Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 -/- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR -/- Nikon SB800 -/- and a bunch of accessories

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi there.
    theres quite a few options to choose from.
    some people like to use www.photobucket.com , where you can set up a free account. You can also use something like www.imageshack.us for quick uploads, as you dont need an account with them to upload pictures.
    I like to use www.flickr.com however, as its very easy and neat (you can use a program from your desktop to upload and categorise the pics for upload).
    Alternatively once you get over 100 posts you can upload pics to the forums gallery.
    Im sure theres a few other options out there, these are just the ones that came to my head at the moment.
    cheers
    Last edited by AzzA; 19-08-2007 at 5:09pm.
    __My Photography & Camera Blog__
    Canon DSLR and some L Lenses
    Way too many Film cameras... I'm addicted, I know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a big photo bucket user. But a word of warning.

While their service appears to be Spyware/malware free, some of the companies that run ads on the site (especially where you upload your piccies) are not as clean. I inadvertently clicked one of the links while trying to upload some piccies (when using the upload dialog, highlight the pic that you want to upload & hit open. Dont double click on it!!). The site that I hit installed some rubbishy software on my PC, which took quite a few goes to get rid of.

BUT, apart from that, I find them quite good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apart from basic storage on this forum I use flickr, it is free but limited, I pay $20.00 a year for a premium membership for ease of use of various sets for better organisation. I used photobucket originally but it threw untold spam my way for soooooo long so I wont use it again for fear of it re-occuring. Most of my pix just gets burned onto disc as well in full resolution for future editing etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    I inadvertently clicked one of the links while trying to upload some piccies (when using the upload dialog, highlight the pic that you want to upload & hit open. Dont double click on it!!).
    :O That happens to me to!! so now when i open the upload section I move it to somewhere where it wont hit an ad when I double click.