Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need off camera flash/remote camera advice

Hey guys, my first post on AP!

Over the past 6 months or so I have been experimenting with my SB-600 and D80 (and a D300s of late) in commander mode and doing some off camera flash. But I have two main problems with it:
    1) In bright daylight, it has very limited range.
    2) I shoot primarily sports, and using the commander mode (onboard flash triggering speedlight) and cannot shoot in burst mode, only single frame "mode"

BUT, in the future I would like to expand my horizons and try some remote camera work. I would do this mainly for basketball shooting from the base line with a 70-200 and then a wide angle sitting next to me on the floor or behind the backboard. I would like to set it up so that everytime I took a photo with my 70-200, it would also trigger the wide angle to shoot.

Like I said before, I am really looking for some cheap options just to experiment (I really dont want to spend $200 per unit for pocketwizards). At the moment the only thing I have found is Cactus V4 triggers for $50, but these only cater for off camera flash.

Or, is it all a bit too much and am I better just saving for some pocketwizards?

Cheers
    Chris
    Last edited by chriso145; 17-05-2010 at 10:41pm.