This afternoon we finally had some good weather on a weekend and I've been thinking of the concept of having the right gas mixture that will ignite properly .
So I dug out my hiking gas stove and lined up the 20000 volt "remote flash spark triggering module " in line with the piezo ignition unit on the stove , cranked up the gas and left it lying on its side in an old mail box .

Not very impressive and the gas takes a while to ignite

So I lay it on its side on the hapless wooden crate and placed a bag with some petrol on it ..... at 1/100th sec you can see the small fire-ball starting up

I held the shutter down with my D50 which only gets about 2 1/2 fps [ Didn't want to use the D90 - if I blow my face off I don't want to also lose a good camera ! ]

Then I thought "Hmmmm , that could make the gas cylinder explode " and I ran over and took it away .

Then the plastic bag started making black smoke and flames and I thought I heard the landlord's car coming down the road so I grabbed a plank and beat the flames to death with it ..... it was a false alarm so I decided to just upload what I got so far .