Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Scott Kelby training online course

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scott Kelby training online course

Hi,
    Has anybody done this course and/or recommend it ?
    I am at a loss with PS, I am in need of some formal training !
    CC is welcomed & appreciated

5d Mark II

Photography by nature is spiritual, considering it comes from the darkness to show the light.
    - Kevin Russo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Scott Kelby CS3 book - which I am just starting to get my head around. Currently also doing a TAFE course "Beyond the Basics - Photoshop" which is giving me confidence to try other stuff, and then puts the Kelby book into perspective. Other will say just plug along, but I, like you, needed some sort of formal stuff to make sense of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Chilli
    Just to let you know that I am a member of the Scott Kelby training and I find that it worked for me and that I have learned heaps from it. I don't find it all that expensive for what you learn, but on the other hand there is also a lot of very useful videos on youtube as well and you don't have to pay for them.
    Good luck
    Cheers Peter
    Canon 7D...Canon 40D...Canon 24-70L 2.8...Canon 70-200L 2.8...Canon 17-85...Canon 50mm...Speedlights....Tripods...Filters... Battery grips.... And heaps of other stuff

There are always two people in every picture.. the photographer and the viewer.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your replies.
    Yes I have watched a lot of free utube tutorials, but I am still lost.
    I may have to enrol in the kelby course and your right its not a lot of money for a full year.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like a helpful class to take

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using Photoshop for a long time (5+ years). I've been able to process photos (ACR) and do basic editing no problems, but never anything too in depth.

I recently got the Kelby CS5 Crash Course and it is brilliant. I rate it a definite 10/10 for content and ease of understanding. It covers just enough of each area of PS to give you an understanding of its functionality, and a good base to advance your knowledge with other (cheaper/free) tutorials found across the internet.
    Adam.

AGSPhotos.com

Using Nikon & PS CS5.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are better off with the book from Scott Kelby, you always have it beside you to refer to, they are pretty cheap from Amazon.
    Margaret

Fuji XT2 Manfrotto MF 055XPROB Pro Tripod & gynbal head, Fuji 18-55 mm, Fuji 14 mm, Fuji 55-200 mm, Fuji 80 mm macro, Fuji 60mm macro, Fuji 100-400 mm, SB600 Speedlight, Photoshop, Lightroom on a Mac, Critiques welcomed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I subscribe to the Kelby Training and feel that I've more than gotten my moneys worth from the video training when I consider what it would cost to attend seminars. I make sure I talk notes when watching the videos so I can reproduce the techniques. Occasionally I have to go back and watch a session again to pick up something I missed. Seems that each week they are adding new sessions. I have several of his books which as others have said are very good and easy to follow.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree, the books are great, and as suggested youtube for tutorial videos to back up what you learn from the Kelby books.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can try it for free here.
    Personally, I have found his books and the occasional youtube video for particular techniques a good way to learn.
    Cheers, Lani.
    Bodies: Nikon D700, D300 Primes: Nikon 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4G, 105mm VR 2.8, 300mm f4. Zooms: Nikon 14-24 2.8, 24-70 2.8, 70-200VR II 2.8, Sigma 10-20mm Processing: Photoshop CS5 extended, LR 3.2.