Hi all,

I normally use a Canon 450D but when I go out fishing, I usually use my compact Canon IXUS100.

Ironically, I am finding it difficult to take good photos with the IXUS ! I am basically after clear shots of the fish which I am almost certain that using the AV feature on the 450D will allow me to do.

I am going to include two photos below - first one I believe is a bit overexposed and the second one is simply out of focus. I usually stick to the "centre focus", "auto servo off" and occasionally use the macro function. I usually focus on the eyes of the fish and then re-centre the camera to a more suitable position. Come to think of it, it looks as though I shook the camera on the second photo !!

As I am fishing, and I do release these fish, I want to be able to catch, take a quick snap and release these guys with as little time out of the water as possible. Having said that, I want to have the correct settings pre-selected on the compact.

Can someone suggest some settings/functions that I should be looking into/reading up on ? I have the user manual handy and would love to be pointed into the right direction.

Thanks !

Pic1

By null at 2010-05-11

Pic2

By null at 2010-05-11