Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm lens today

Arrived today from Japan. I don't think anyone has it on the shelves here yet and I got it cheap (around the same price as the Four Thirds 9-18mm lens locally).

I am impessed with this little beauty. Focus seems fast enough (only tested in low light so far), the lens is very quiet, renders images that appear to be sharp across the frame with lots of detail.

The lens is still quite compact, just a little longer than the standard kit zoom but narrower. Manual focus works fine and the lens is happy with my Cokin P series filter holder and there is no vignetting with the filter holder even at 9mm.

Here are my first two half serious photos taken at Tom Ugly's Bridge this evening. It wasn't a great night for photos. There was no moon, no clouds and smoke hanging around from a bushfire burnoff today that went wrong.

One thing I must say about this lens is that it controls flare very well and certainly better than any other lens I have.

These shots were taken using my Olympus E-P1 and are are for 13 seconds at f/8 and ISO200. They are at 9mm and 18mm respectively. The images are unedited other than cropping of some of the bottom.

Cheers

PeterB666
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by peterb666; 12-05-2010 at 1:36am.