Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got my Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm lens today

I am older than I look.
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note I made a mistake in the Australian rrp in my last post. It is $799 but note you can get the lens for under $699. That's a great deal and the rrp is the same as the Four Thirds model which is a first. As for availability, you may have to put it on order as Olympus stuff tends to be scarce when just introduced.

I expect to be posting some shots of Minnamurra Falls and Kiama tonight or tomorrow so will link these (provided the human interface unit hasn't stuffed up like my last shoot).
    Last edited by peterb666; 15-08-2010 at 7:48pm.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Peter, Just wondering about two things

1) Did you compare this lens to any other similar size Oly lens
    2) What sold you on this lens? (Short simple answer if you know what I mean)

I want to get the 14-54 F2.8, but like the idea of the 9-18 did you look at the 14-54 at all
    They call me "Blue" it's a red head thing.
    "My Flickr Site"
    Canon Bodies - 1DMk2N + 50D - Lenses - 17-35mm F2.8 L - 24-70mm F2.8 L - 70-200mm F2.8 L - 300mm F4 IS L - Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 - Sigma 10-20mm - DJI Mavic Pro Platinum
    " I Never get tired of looking at our diverse country, even if its through the lens of someone else".
    CC is always appreciated.

I am older than I look.
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a Micro Four Thirds lens, not Four Thirds. I did consider the Four Thirds 11-22mm f/2.8-3.5 with an adapter but it would have cost a lot more (but would have been viable if I already had an adapter..

I have the 14-42 kit zoom but it is not suitable for much of the photography I do, e.g. seascapes, as I cannot mount a Cokin filter on it as it is a front-focusing lens and the AF motor cannot take the load.

I even find the 9-18mm not quite wide enough at times, but the Panasonic 7-14mm was not considered as you cannot mount filters on the front. I need to be able to use graduated ND filters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so wide.....cool

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12