Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D90 back/front focus adjustment

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rwg717 View Post
    Well if that's the case, do any Canon users have a link to a similar process for Canon bodies
    Richard
    I'm not sure about manual adjustments, but in the microadjust software setting there is a setting "apply to all lenses" which I imagine is a similar thing. No doubt someone here will know for sure.
    Mic

Photography is the art of telling stories with light.

www.michaelgoulding.com

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by etherial View Post
    I'm not sure about manual adjustments, but in the microadjust software setting there is a setting "apply to all lenses" which I imagine is a similar thing. No doubt someone here will know for sure.
    OK, I await with some interest
    Richard
    I've been wrong before!! Happy to have constructive criticism though.Gear used Canon 50D, 7D & 5DMkII plus expensive things hanging off their fronts and of course a "nifty fifty".

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big thanks from Mongo, Arthur
    Nikon and Pentax user

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found this if it helps....

http://focustestchart.com/focus10.pdf

Roo
    Call me Roo......
    Nikon D300s, Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Af-S, Nikon 18-200mm VR, Nikon 70-200VRII 2.8, Sigma 105 Macro, Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, Tokina 12-24mm, Sb-600, D50, Nikon 1.7 T/C, Gitzo CF Monopod

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When all else fails...consult the book

Quote Originally Posted by rwg717 View Post
    OK, I await with some interest
    Richard
    Not sure if we are all singing from the same "hymn sheet" here but I decided to do a search for AF Micro Adjust on the Canon 7D and 5D cameras and on page 211 of the 7D owners manual and page 181 for the 5D, I found these instructions (however they both have a warning logo at the start of these instructions) and I quote:
    "C.Fn III-5:-Normally, this adjustment is not required. Do this adjustment only if necessary. Note that doing this adjustment may prevent correct focusing from being achieved.

You can make fine adjustments for the AF's point of focus. It can be adjusted in +/-20 steps (-:Forward/+: Backwards). The adjustment amount of one step varies depending on the maximum aperture of the lens.
    Adjust, shoot (L), and check the focus. Repeat to adjust the AF's point of focus.
    With setting 1 or 2 selected, press the <INFO> button to view the register screen. To cancel all the registered adjustments, press the <DELETE> button.

0 = Disable.
    1 = Adjust all by the same amount
    The same adjustment amount applies to all lenses.
    2 = An adjustment can be set individually for any particular lens. Adjustments for up to 20 lenses can be registered in the camera. etc.etc.etc

All as plain as mud to me but the manual does show what the adjustment registers look like before and after the +/- adjustments look like and whether they apply to all lenses or only selected ones
    Richard

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discovered we were reading from the same hymn-sheet, just I was about 4 pages behind, found the canon post over in that forum
    Richard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12