User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Care for CF Cards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember reading somewhere in the instructions, for my first Digital camera that used a CF card, to use the usb cable to download rather than taking the card in and out. The chances of bending or damaging a pin was higher the more the card was removed. We have a Canon 1000D at work that has just needed a service after the pins were bent and it wasnt a cheap invoice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the 1000D writes to SD, and the only real way one can bend the pins in this case would be forcefully inserting the card the wrong way round.

Quote Originally Posted by rascey View Post
    I remember reading somewhere in the instructions, for my first Digital camera that used a CF card, to use the usb cable to download rather than taking the card in and out. The chances of bending or damaging a pin was higher the more the card was removed. We have a Canon 1000D at work that has just needed a service after the pins were bent and it wasnt a cheap invoice.
    Canon stuff 5Dmk1 w/ 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 5Dmk1 w/70-200f2.8L, 100mm f2.8 macro, 50mm f1.4, 580exII
    Alienbees B800, Lumopro 160, Manfrotto 155XPROB w/ 498RC2, Lowepro ProRunner X450AW
    Phew!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123