User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too Cheap? CS4 full less than $300??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too Cheap? CS4 full less than $300??

Adobe CS4 Photoshop Extended for less than $300? I emailed the seller who claims its Retail Genuine. I assume this is too cheap and there is something fishy? He's an Australian based seller with 100% feedback.

Or am I missing something?
    Have: Nikon D90; Tamron 17-50mm 2.8; Tokina 50-135mm 2.8; Tamron 18-270 'alphabet' lens; Nikkor 50mm 1.8; 1x Nikon SB-600; 3x Yongnuo YN560 flash, 1x Yongnuo YN465 flash.

Want: Tamron 90mm 2.8 macro;

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CS5 has just been released so they would be trying to more any CS4 stock, it does seen cheap though
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    agree that it does seem very cheap, but as has been said CS5 has been announced, and will be available soon, so places will be trying to get rid of cs4 stock.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of either making so with an old version of Corel Photo Paint that I have, or upgrading to Photoshop or Elements. Having said that I wanted to buy Lightroom too so not sure if I go for Lightroom and stay with Photo Paint, or go the whole hog and get Lightroom and this CS4. I'd paypal it for sure!!

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abitfishy View Post
    Adobe CS4 Photoshop Extended for less than $300?
    That price sounds like your name!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say so. Turns out my copy of CS3 Extended is fishy. I purchased the CS5 update and downloaded and went to install, however the serial is apparently not valid.

I am speaking to Adobe now, but I suspect I am out luck, however I may be able to get a refund on the CS5 I just purchased

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was it an ebay purchase Nige?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yer I bought it off ebay a year ago, so not much I can do about it now.
    My advice don't buy it off ebay, or ask for the serial number to check it against Adobe, or use a local shop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just weighing up my options with regards to photoshop.

Photoshop 5

However I am unsure if this is the upgrade / academic version, but for this price I would assume its one or the other.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nige, thats interesting. There is no mention of it being Academic/Student, and allows online purchasing, and HT are above board so it looks correct. If thats the case, then maybe the one I saw for CS4 is legit.

On googling the product number some web sites mention that CD5 at HT as an 'upsell' from the non extended version. Maybe Photoshop CS5 standard is required, but that seems expensive even to upgrade from CS5 to CS5 extended.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yer I was confused on the price,

Upgrade from adobe is $307, download only, so I am confused on the price on that one. I have sent an email / request to HT to ask about it. I will let you know what they say.

If its okay, I might try to get my Money back from Adobe, depends on what happens on their reply to my email.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a version of CS4 off ebay once it was only a couple hundred and it came in a retail box and everything but as soon as I updated photoshop the serial came up invalid. I contacted the supplier and he told me that adobe had a bad batch of serial keys. (bullshit) Plus the discs and media inside the box the print looks dodgy for adobes standards.

The supplier was going to contact "adobe" and get me a new serial key but soon after shut down his account. I informed ebay and paypal and got a full refund.
    Criticism is always welcome..... Training in Progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won a copy of CS4 Extended on ebay a few months ago. Must say I was concerned whether it was the real thing or not, but sure enough it was. Only cost about $220 from memory.

An honest C+C please!

"I started life with nothing and I still have most of it left"

Nikon D300
    Photoshop CS4 Extended

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abitfishy View Post
    Adobe CS4 Photoshop Extended for less than $300? I emailed the seller who claims its Retail Genuine. I assume this is too cheap and there is something fishy? He's an Australian based seller with 100% feedback.

Or am I missing something?
    Hmmm . I bid for and won this exact product off a guy on a popular site for 300.00, turned out to be a dud and I returned to him and got a full refund... lucky. Just be wary of things that look too good to be true=most often they are.
    Comments and CC welcome..

Gear: Canon 6D & 1Ds Cameras l Canon EF 17-40mm F 4.0 L USM l Canon EF 24-105mm F4.0 L IS USM l Canon EF 70 - 200 F4.0 L USM Lenses I Manfrotto Tripods I Adobe Photoshop CS6 l Lightroom 3.0 I Lee Filters

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust 1871 - 1922

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately I don't see myself getting my money back from Ebay on this one, it was over a year ago, but depending on what Adobe does it it may be okay.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems possible its ok, possible its dodgy. Wonder if a quick Paypal claim once its received would be successful if its not legit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you always win the bet and check the serial with Adobe, then contact ebay if it is dodgy.

I guess you win either way, apart from the hassle on dealing with ebay if all goes south.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard of claims not being paid when the buyer puts in the claim but the seller has withdrawn his paypal balance into his bank account and then closed it down. Its worse case scenario, but I think when that happens Paypal don't guarentee a claim will be paid. I've emailed Paypal about this scenario and await their reply. If they say all will be OK, then I'll take the risk, its just a few clicks and a bit of a wait for a refund it it goes pear shaped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure its not an educational version ?

There are three different pricing tiers for PS products. Student, Edu., and Retail.
    Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harves View Post
    I won a copy of CS4 Extended on ebay a few months ago. Must say I was concerned whether it was the real thing or not, but sure enough it was. Only cost about $220 from memory.
    I got CS4 Extended on eBay too for $250. I was dubious as to the authenticity and was suprised when I found that it was legit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast