Hi All.

Learned a lesson in business this week the hard way. Was booked for a wedding and they paid $200 deposit (i ask for $500) I didn't email the contract (thought i did) and i also did another shoot for them (more commercial) which i didn't put a quote in writing.

They changed there mind about the wedding (cheaper option) and then tried to change the verbal agreement on the other shoot.

Ended up i'm refunding the $200 for the wedding and i stuck to my guns on the other job (i wanted $600 for 10 images on CD they wanted to pay $400 for all the images) and they have decided not to buy even though they were happy with the images and they were what they wanted.

I suppose i'm tired of people bartering all the time and devaluing(?) photos, the photographer and the process all the time. So even though i'm out of pocket i have my pride and self esteem intact...

Lessons learned
1. quote in writing &
2. if i had emailed the contract for re the wedding with the no refund clause in it (evven if they hadn't signed it) i wouldn't have to have refunded (on advise from FairTrading) the $200...