Thread: My Digital World International Experience

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Digital World International Experience

I've heard a lot of good feedback from many people who have used DWI for purchases
    I thought I'd share my story and see if it raises any concerns.

Initial items I wanted were
    - 7d body alone
    - 70-200 F2.8 Canon IS version I lens

I emailed them to ask if them if they were in stock : they replied yes on both counts
    I ordered almost immediately but found that after 5 days, no update on the order, no billing had occurred.
    They eventually rang to tell me that both were actually out of stock and that they would have to order the items in . Furthermore, they thought they would have difficulty getting the version I of the 70-200 F2.8 so after a bit of debate, we informed them through email and phone conversation that we would get the version II instead. We were assured that we would have our goods by the following week.
    A week passed, and then another. No update on their site, no email update. At some point in time my credit card got charged for the original price (version I lens price) but no update occurred either through email or online. We had to call again and then they stated we would have our gear the following week.

We have now received a 7d, the version II lens - all in the appropriate packaging, but externally, wrapped as a gift with an invoice stating that two items cost a total of 900 AUD. No proper receipt at all.
    I'm now waiting for someone to charge me for the whole new order all over again - or perhaps I got lucky and paid for the version I lens instead of the version II.

Either way, it was all very poor communication and a white lie to draw me into buisness.
    I personally would have reservations dealing with them again.

on a side note - I handheld a shot with the 70-200 at 1/3 exposure with IS on and was amazed with the 99% lack of any visible blurring! warrants alot of testing ahead!
    Last edited by Dylan & Marianne; 27-04-2010 at 9:20pm.
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export