User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Can you tell me what this bloke was doing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the look, he was shooting 2nd camera, not sure what lens that is, looks like a zoom. He is getting a wider or tighter shot of whatever the guy next to him is shooting on the other camera.
    Its all the rage in the low budget video world at the mo, shooting on the stills cameras. You can put your 1.4 lens on and get a look for minmal$$ that you cannot get on a video camera at the same price point as your 5d.
    Ultimately its all about the content, if the story is good you wont care what it looks like. But coming from a film background, I like 35mm film on a big screen. Its a beautiful thing when done right.
    Togs are what my son wears to go swimming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's stretching it a bit even for a gaffer. Despite the "chip" they shoot at 1280 x 720P resolution which barely qualifies for HD these days and can be done in a camcorder (1920 x 1080) for $900. It's only the glass that makes them look good but it's a painful exercise. Give me $4k's worth of video gear (cost of a good DSLR kit) and I'll guarantee a video streets ahead of any Canon or Nikon. It's a gimmick that will probably be replaced within two years when the cost of manufacture gets too high for the consumer market.
    A built in phone would be more practical.
    Photojournalist | Filmmaker | Writer | National Geographic | Royal Geographic

D3x and other gear.