User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Where to buy gear at short notice please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where to buy gear at short notice please

Hope this is the right place in the forum, if not, my apologies.

Anyway, I was hoping to get a lightstand/softbox combo on sale at DDP Sydney, and a Nikon SB600 for a shoot this Friday. After emailing to confirm it was normal stock which was confirmed, I rang today to make sure and of course, no stock, no ETA.

Which has put me in a predicament for Friday. Can anyone suggest a Sydney 'Pickup' store that does the SB600 at 'Hong Kong import' prices like DDP? Theirs was $359, any of the other retail places seem to be $400 - $500. I'd rather not have to pay that much.

Thanks!
    Have: Nikon D90; Tamron 17-50mm 2.8; Tokina 50-135mm 2.8; Tamron 18-270 'alphabet' lens; Nikkor 50mm 1.8; 1x Nikon SB-600; 3x Yongnuo YN560 flash, 1x Yongnuo YN465 flash.

Want: Tamron 90mm 2.8 macro;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dirt Cheap Cameras in the city have it listed for $394 if you get desperate. Unless you can find one 2nd hand.
    Nick

Gear:
    Nikon D700
    Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 - Nikon 50mm f/1.8
    Nikon SB-600 - SB-800 - SB-28
    Some Strobist Gear

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that. Found them already and have negotiated a tad, will head in tomorrow.

They only seem to do expensive softbox kits, but I might be able to make do with a cheap lightstand from somewhere and a small ebay softbox knockoff thing I already have.

As if a first model shoot isn't stressful enough without running out of time for getting the gear I want!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Digital Camera warehouse at Canterbury have cheap light stands, Ive bought both of mine from there and cant complain.

I believe a 1.8m stand is about $35, and 2.8m about $50.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Nick, I never thought of them as I've always thought they were often a bit pricey.

I went over this arvo and have a 2.8m stand for $49 which suits my Yongnuo umbrella/flash head well. $30 cheaper than the shorter one at DDP, and I must say quite solid and heavy which is good for home, not for portablity, but I can't have it both ways!