Hi all,

Another dumb newbie question for you.

I have a young lady who I am organising my very first casual model shoot with. She's just after some nice shots of herself in her youth. Before you ask, she's 19 so no problem there and yes, we will be signing a release.

My concern is over lighting/flash. I've read a fair bit of the theory to do with fill flash, why its used etc, however I'm a little confused as to how to put it into action.

Obviously I will possibly be using it to fill shadows under the eyes etc mainly. I won't be happy if we choose a day that's harsh & sunny.

Currently I only have a Yongnuo TTL flash. Or should I just bight the bullet and purchase an SB600 so I can use it off camera easily. (If I go the wireless option I will want something TTL capable so basically will want an SB600 at the end of the day).

Now, for shadow fill can I get away with on camera TTL, or should it be off camera TTL, on camera manual or off camera manual? My concern is lack of being able to control exactly how much is needed and end up over or underexposed. I'll be with someone I don't know brilliantly well, my first model shoot, and I'd like as little to worry about as possible, to at least get good enough results that some post processing will 'tweak'.

Any hints would be appreciated, I'm stressing already! More because I don't want to let her down!