User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  12

Thread: Advice on camera backpacks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice on camera backpacks

Hi, I am after some advice on camera bakpacks.
    I have been looking on ebay to buy one but would like to know which are the best ones to buy or best brands - so many to choose from.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camera Backpacks

Hi Andrea,
    I chose a Lowepro Mini Trekker. Your profile does not say whether you have an SLR or compact. If you intend to buy more lenses and flashlights, etc. buy the biggest you can afford. Mine is already at capacity.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look in the accessories forum, you will find quite a few threads along these lines. I did a review of my backpack posted there yesterday.

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...play.php?f=121
    Mic

Photography is the art of telling stories with light.

www.michaelgoulding.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beware of the Lowepro stuff out of Israel on ebay, there is some doubt as to whether they are genuine according to Lowepro head office.
    regards
    Bill

Nikon D90 with grip. 35mm 1.8G, 50mm 1.8D. 18-105VR. 70-300VR
    SB-600. GF Lightsphere. Stroboflip flash bracket.
    Benro A357 & B2 ball head.
    and a bag full of gadgets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always had Lowepro packs, they seem to have the largest range. I have only had trouble with one of them, the stitching on the shoulder strap failed after 8 months fairly heavy use. They replaced it no questions.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill44 View Post
    Beware of the Lowepro stuff out of Israel on ebay, there is some doubt as to whether they are genuine according to Lowepro head office.
    Thats where I bought mine from, and it seem genuine to me. Is going great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Lowepro Flipside400Aw,holds heaps and is very comfortable to wear for long periods.
    Kev.
    C+C and Edits Welcome,just tell me what you did.
    Canon 50D,EF-S17-85mm,EF100mm F2.8 Macro,MT-24EX Flash.
    Sigma 150-500mm f5.6-6.3 DG.
    Photoshop Elements 7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinj View Post
    I use a Lowepro Flipside400Aw,holds heaps and is very comfortable to wear for long periods.
    I have the 350 and I agree. Loads of space, netbook, camera, three or four lens, flash, gorillapod. hat, coat, binocs, sunscreen and I can carry it all day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Lowepro Flipside 400 and the Nova 5 AW, great stuff.

BTW. I was not decrying Lowepro previously, merely passing on the word I got directly from Lowepro head office.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up purchasing a Lowepro flipside 200.

It's very good quality, but I find that it's a bit small to carry a spare lens, flash an the attached battery pack for my Canon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Z320 View Post
    I ended up purchasing a Lowepro flipside 200.

It's very good quality, but I find that it's a bit small to carry a spare lens, flash an the attached battery pack for my Canon.
    Oh, I forgot to add that it's cheaper to buy the bag from WOW Electronics than the ebay seller from Israel I asked the salesman at Wow and they knocked off $40 for me so I ended up paying $95 for a genuine Lowepro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought a DSLR Myself and when i went looking for bags i found the Lowepro ones the the best. Some are a little expensive but with alot of these camera bags you get what you pay for, and the more your pride and joy is protected while on the move the better.

Also alot of the bags from Lowepro have a lot of room for extra lenses and gear. I myself have already found myself looking at buying a few extras
    Cheers,
    Leith

D90

CC Very Welcome - if you rework my images please let me know how

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have three Lowepro bags: Mini, TLZ and the Flipside 400.

The Flipside 400AW was my first camera pack and chosen after a lot of research and assessing bags in the shop. The FSAW is versatile - with fully adjustable compartments inside and a handy accessories area.

The Flipside 400AW will fit a 500mm, or a mounted 400mm f/5.6 lengthways, flash, additional three to four lenses and filters. Sounds like a lot, but it's a neat little pack.

It also fits a reasonable sized tripod. If your pod is anything larger than a small one, you will need to tie the top into the upper hand strap to stop it floating about a bit. I used a bit of 20mm strap and a buckle from a hiking/camping store.
    Last edited by enduro; 17-04-2010 at 10:28pm.
    "Nature photography is about choosing a location, crawling through dirt, being bitten by insects and occasionally taking a great image". - Wayne Eddy.

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7D, 17-40mm f/4L,
    24-105mm f/4L
    + Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS +400mm f/5.6L + Canon 1.4xTC + Canon 100 EF f2.8 USM + 430-EX

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone, I am leaning towards the lowepro flipside 400 but I will wait a little longer and research the rest listed here.
    Thanks again - Andrea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for the Flipside 400AW. When I was looking for a backpack, I was looking for one with tripod strap and AW covering, and lots of space for gear. Within the Lowepro range, I was looking at the Vertex range, but they were much more expensive. Fortunately I waited and bought the 400AW soon after it was released.

The only issue I have with it is that the tripod is covered by the AW cover (well at least my medium sized tripod doesn't fit).
    1D MkIII | 5D | 17-40 f/4L | 24-70 f/2.8L | 24-105 f/4 L IS | 70-200 f/2.8L IS | 70-200 f/4L IS | 35 f/1.4L | 135 f/2L

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a fan of Lowepro, they have such a huge range and good quality products.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I done it. I settled for the Lowepro Pro Runner 200. Happy mothers day to me!
    Not too small and not too big! Lots of pocket space for other nik naks as well I would of liked the flipside 400 but it was a little out of my price range at the moment.

Ausphotography Regular Brian500au's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crumpler is another great backpack to pick up - they are great quality and kinda stylish looking too. If you are not settled on a backpack then the other brand I fell in love with is domke. They are over the shoulder bags, but they are great gear.
    www.kjbphotography.com.au

1DxII, EOS R, 200-400 f4L Ext, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L II, 70-200 F4IS, 24-70 F2.8 II, 16-35 F4IS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lowepro for me too ... I got a Nova 200AW shoulder bag and a SlingShot 350AW pack. Highly reommended
    Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lowpro here as well, they seem to be better made and padded than most other bags. I have Slingshot 350 aw for around the city or short walks, and a Computrekka for camping and long hikes.