User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Travelling with gear: Blackrapid R-Strap RS5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the R7 was the most minimal? R7 is just the strap (and fastener) with the curved shoulder pad. The RS5 has the pockets/etc all built into the strap, the MOD system looks like you can just add (or remove) what you want to have what you want available. There's also a strap to tighten the R7 so it doesn't move around much either. Anywho, just giving the info I've researched.

@etherial
    How did/do you find the fasteners? I don't do tripod work at the moment, so being able to hot shoe won't be a problem.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchamacallit View Post

@etherial
    How did/do you find the fasteners? I don't do tripod work at the moment, so being able to hot shoe won't be a problem.
    I find it really good. It is plenty tight enough for me to feel very secure, yet easy to remove if I want to do tripod stuff.
    Mic

Photography is the art of telling stories with light.

www.michaelgoulding.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's reassuring as it was probably the only thing I could have been worried about. Must say, will be nice not to have a few kg sitting in my chest pretending to be iron man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wattsgallery View Post
    Just ordered (successfully this time). Went with the RS7 as it now comes with the new fastener so will see how that goes. Thanks for all the encouragement guys.
    My strap just arrived - under 10 days (including a long weekend) from order to receipt is not too bad US to Oz. Now to attach the camera.

Cheers
    Josh
    Check out my new site - www.wattsgallery.com - feedback welcome

Gear - Canon 5D, 40D, 10-22, 24-70 2.8L, 200 2.8L, 50 1.8, 430EXII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I'd give people the heads up. Just recieved an email from Scott @ Foto Riesel, they now have them in (limited) stock. Won't go on about the pricing as I don't want to appear that I'm advertising for them :P Also informed their next shipment will be in 2-8 weeks.

And once I get my camera back and pick up these babies, I'll write a review up when I get some time.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation WARNING: Mounting bolt can come loose

Just thought I would add a warning about the tripod mounts. In another thread (about buying the straps) it has been pointed out that some poeple have seen issues where the bolt that fits into the cameras tripod mounting hole can come loose and the camera will hit the deck.

I have used this strap extensively and only once noticed that the bolt had started to come loose. So be warned it can happen. I now check mine regularly to ensure it is tightly fitted. I have heard of people making sure the rubber washer is moist when connecting it to stop it coming loose. I will try that from now on, but I can't say if it works as yet.

Anyway feel free to discuss here, I just thought being a review thread people should get the full story, good bad or otherwise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

R-Strap

Did you purchase the R-Strap in Australia or over the net.

If in Australia where from?

Many thanks

Gleeso

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread will answer your questions on where to purchase

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...ght=blackrapid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought one from :
    Foto Riesel Camera House
    364a Kent st
    Sydney

They have the full range in stock, starting from $80.00

it was a good purchase, its much more comfotable to wear/use than the neckstrap
    Bryan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got mine from Camera Electronic today. It's the woman's style which just came in to stock. I got one for my hubby a few weeks ago. They delivered the next day both times, so I'm happy with the service. I'm pleased I waited for the women's style now. It has a couple of features I prefer aside from the obvious.
    Capture moments and share your memories

Print it or lose it

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can get them from http://www.qualitycamera.com.au/blac...b96ed5827cf599

a site sponsor I believe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in at Photo Continental (Brisbane) on the weekend and they stock blackrapid too
    SIMONE

D700 | Tamron 70-200mm 2.8 | Sigma 25-70mm 2.8 | Nikkor 50mm 1.8 | Sigma EF500
    Still a LEARNER PHOTOGRAPHER so all constructive criticism welcomed and appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have the RS5 and could not be more happy - no more neck and shoulder problems ,can walk around with it all day with a 1D11N and 70-200 f2.8 and find it is most comfortable. Mine came bundled with the R3 ( from Quality Cameras - site sponsor ) and I find it is very secure when fastened on (hint - wet the rubber washer and it tends to be a much tighter fit ).
    Mike
    Canon 5DmkII, Canon 1DmkIIN, EF 24-105 f4LIS, EF 70-200 f2.8LIS, EF 135 f2L,EF 300 f4LIS, EF 17-40 f4L, EF 100 f2.8 Macro USM, Sigma 50 f1.4 EXDG, 580EX & 420EX,Cokin P filters.
    Tamrac Ultra Pro 17 bag,Lowpro Toploader 75AW,Lowpro Outback 200 belt pack,Black Rapid RS-5 and R-3,Aperture 3,Elements 8.
    Wacom Intuos 4 tablet.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just ordered one yesterday, So I will wait and see when it comes....think it will be invaluable for my trip O?S's!

Roo
    Call me Roo......
    Nikon D300s, Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Af-S, Nikon 18-200mm VR, Nikon 70-200VRII 2.8, Sigma 105 Macro, Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, Tokina 12-24mm, Sb-600, D50, Nikon 1.7 T/C, Gitzo CF Monopod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I 'm a convert, much prefer the r-strap compared to the supplied neck strap that I was constantly getting tangled on
    Postage seems a bit slower than it used to be direct from blackrapid, but the price is unbeatable compared to the AU sellers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123