User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Travelling with gear: Blackrapid R-Strap RS5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Im convinced - will order one this week. Thinking of going for the R7 seems to be back in stock - any reason I should reconsider and go for the R5 etc?
    Check out my new site - www.wattsgallery.com - feedback welcome

Gear - Canon 5D, 40D, 10-22, 24-70 2.8L, 200 2.8L, 50 1.8, 430EXII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Circular Polarisor/Filters Fit in R5?

Gotta get one of these, anything that lets me take photos easier is well worth the money.
    Question: Has anyone tried getting filters into any of the pockets on the R5?
    If so what size? I have a 72mm Polarisor which comes with me everywhere, would be good not to have to pocket it.
    Last edited by Tonto; 01-06-2010 at 4:24pm. Reason: Wrong model #

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got mine last weekend, attached it and it was great on the weekend with lots of photos taken im not sure about filters as i havent got any, but i easily had my mobile phone in the phone pocked, and buisness cards and spare CF cards elsewhere - i think you can get added attachments so maybe look at that option

But all up it was SO much more comfortable than the normal neck strap and having the camera hanging more comfortable with the 70-200 L lens!

Just got my Lowepro 350 slingshot bag today so looking forward to going home and putting everything in its safe place

Kellie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got mine exactly 1 week after ordering. Not too bad. I also love mine, it is far bulkier than the kit strap, but the comfort, versatility and functionality far outweigh the bulk issue.
    Cheers,
    Chris.

MY

Canon EOS 7D w grip | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM | Canon 70-200mm f/4L IS USM | Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM | Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | Canon 580EX II speedlight | Cokin ND Grad system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heaps of people had these at PMA this weekend. I could really have done with one after a week of carrying my camera around Melbourne streets. I looked at other people with the same basic strap I am currently using and could see they were trying all the different ways to hold the camera comfortably.
    Capture moments and share your memories

Print it or lose it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive just done another weekend of dog show and agility picture taking and LOVE the R Strap - my only advise is dont wear a shirt it will slip against - but otherwise holds the camera nice and comfy and the mobile phone in the strap very acessible if it rings!!!

Cheers

Kellie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive had trouble putting an order in online through their site (may be a paypal issue) but I will try again as they sound great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kellie, do you think it will fit an iphone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It fits my Samsung ultratouch easier - i will take the strap to work tomorrow and try it out with a collegues iphone and let you know!!

Cheers
    Kellie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I don't like putting my phone in my pocket, so on a strap could be a better idea.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It fits my HTC desire snugly which is a similar size to an iPhone.

Hang on, my wife has a iPhone!....

1 minute later...

Tight fit with its cover on, it does go in but I would say it isn't suitable. Take the cover off the phone and it slides in nicely. It would be nice if it were tiny bit bigger but does go ok and would be perfectly usable.
    Mic

Photography is the art of telling stories with light.

www.michaelgoulding.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey have just finally got into work (after car pile up on Ipswich Motorway) and have put IPhone straight in their and it fits perfectly It keeps it in such a handy position too just on your chest

I ordered mine and had it from the US in 8 days so go girl and order
    Kellie

Canon EOS 40D | BG-E2N Battery Grip | 70-200 F4 L USM | EF 24-105mm F4L IS | EF 50mm | Tamron SP AF90mm Macro | EF-S 18-55mm | EF25 II Extension Tube | Sigma EF-500 Flash | Blackrapid R-Strap RS5 | Photoshop PSE8 | Lowepro Slingshot 350 |Slik Tripod and Monopod

http://showipix-dogshowphotos.smugmug.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just ordered (successfully this time). Went with the RS7 as it now comes with the new fastener so will see how that goes. Thanks for all the encouragement guys.

Cheers
    Josh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the review and the discussions surrounding the Black Rapid RS straps - been having my eye on a non-neck strap for quite a while and this sealed the deal, so I got into looking for any local stockists (rather than importing from the website).

Since I've found out Sydney will have one of the official distrubutors for Black Rapid, I thought I'd share the fact that Foto Riesel Camera House will stock their products. I'm still waiting for an email for when stock arrives and on the pricing, but been told the price will be similar to the US pricing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well my hubby will be pleased because he has an HTC Desire. Thanks for checking. I think I am going to order a few straps. One each for our employees. It's about time we did something nice for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <bump>

Gotta get one of these, anything that lets me take photos easier is well worth the money.
    If so what size? I have a 72mm Polarisor which comes with me everywhere, would be good not to have to pocket it.
    Last edited by Tonto; 11-06-2010 at 8:25am.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never tried to put a filter into it, but I don't think they would fit. The pockets are maybe 60mm wide. You might be able to get a small pouch that you can attach to your belt or to the strap itself though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonto View Post
    <bump>

I've read that (most?) filters do not fit into the current pockets (including the Joey 1 and 2). As far as I know, they are developing a filter addition for their new MOD system which should cater to this, since there seems to be a high demand for it but you might be better off asking this directly to Black Rapid.

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great review. Veryinterested in one of these but have a question, does the lens tend to stick outwards with possible risk of hitting on something when you walk by or does it sit closely enough within reason to not be a real issue.

I hate my normal strap - pulls on my kneck and I had the way it sits on front when I have the 70-200 on.

I think I might order one also.
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Filters

Bummer on the filters, oh well in my pocket instead and phone in strap!
    I don't really want to go up to a R7 for the Mods as I want to keep it as minmal as possible - will be using it everyday/everywhere.
    Will prob grab one from Amazon when I next need to grab some stuff from there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast