User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: camera case for long lens attached to body

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

camera case for long lens attached to body

I am looking for a case which will accommodate a camera body and sigma 100-300 lens with 1.4 teleconverter - about 12.5 inches. Lowepro make a number designed for body and 70-200 but these will be a bit short the Toploader Zoom AW might have done the job but B&H say it is discontinued. The Thinktank Digital Holsterâ„¢ 30 should do the job. Does anyone know a shop in Perth (or elsewhere in Australia if necessary) which stocks it or is there an alternative case someone can suggest? I don't need to case to accommodate any other lenses - I have the Lowepro slingshot 200 and Offtrail 2 as alternatives for other lenses.
    regards
    Kamalesh

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hope you find the case

In the mean time, as this is your first post, how about joining in, showing us some of your photography, rather than just joining the site and going "I want"
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You haven't stipulated whether you want a backpack or case/waist bag.

I looked around for a long time for something suitable to hold a large SLR and 70-200 (plus eventually a TC) and the only thing that I found which was practical and comfortable was the Lowepro Flipside 300. It's a nice mid-sized bag which will hold all you need for a day's shoot plus a tripod/monopod if necessary. It's very comfortable to wear all day and the long lens fits on the body inside the back like a treat. All the other options that I came across were very poorly designed or uncomfortable (I'm a shortish, small framed person and most of the bags are designed for bigger blokes).
    IngridM

Nikon: D700, D300, Grip, 70-200VR, Nikkor 24-70, 14-24, 105VR, Nikkor 300/F4, SB900. For the kids: Olympus: E420 twin lens kit
    Adobe PSE 8, Capture One
    Wish list: Nikon 200-400, 1.7 TC
    http://ingridmatschke.smugmug.com