Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    300mm Ai/Ais?? which particular model?

There's an f/4.5 model currently for sale in the classified somewhere here??

Not 100% sure on the absolute quality of that lens, especially with the 2xTC but form memory the most reliable source of info on Nikon specific lenses seems to think they're not too bad, as long as it's an ED lens. ED is of course the type of lens elements.

You're in Melbourne:

two things.

1. if you can find the time, try to make it down to the Melb meet coming up in a few Wednesday nights, and you can have a play with the Nikon 500 mirror lens I have.

2. if you can get into the city, check out Camera Exchange on Londsale St half way up the hill between Elizabeth and Queen Sts, and opposite JBHiFi.(number approx 380-ish???) I recall them having two copies of Nikon's 300mm f/4.5 in Ais mount, but can't recall the price they were asking.
    Their good blokes in there and will allow you to mount the lens to your camera and take some sample shots. They also had various teleconverters for sale as well. May just be the medicine you need
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    300mm Ai/Ais?? which particular model?

There's an f/4.5 model currently for sale in the classified somewhere here??

Not 100% sure on the absolute quality of that lens, especially with the 2xTC but form memory the most reliable source of info on Nikon specific lenses seems to think they're not too bad, as long as it's an ED lens. ED is of course the type of lens elements.

You're in Melbourne:

two things.

1. if you can find the time, try to make it down to the Melb meet coming up in a few Wednesday nights, and you can have a play with the Nikon 500 mirror lens I have.

2. if you can get into the city, check out Camera Exchange on Londsale St half way up the hill between Elizabeth and Queen Sts, and opposite JBHiFi.(number approx 380-ish???) I recall them having two copies of Nikon's 300mm f/4.5 in Ais mount, but can't recall the price they were asking.
    Their good blokes in there and will allow you to mount the lens to your camera and take some sample shots. They also had various teleconverters for sale as well. May just be the medicine you need
    Yes the particular lens in this forum was the one that brought my attention to the Nikon AI super teles. I should go down to Camera Exchange. I was shooting in the city on Easter Monday but being Easter Monday all the shops opened at 11am instead of the 9:00am I was expecting

I just checked out the meet and I can't make it.. rawr

EDIT: How long ago did you see the two 300mms for sale? Hopefully they are still there thanks to the lack of interest amongst most photographers for old school lenses