Thread: Flash for K200

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flash for K200

Hey all. Haven't posted for a while, so I'm hoping the software lets this through... Lately I've been looking at getting a flash for my K200. Never had a flash before, but I'm interested in heading in that direction. I'd probably use it mostly for people shots (kid shots really) and indoor miscellaneous still life/macro. I'm considering the Sigma EF-530 DG ST. Anyone have any thoughts and/or suggestions? Looking for something cost-effective, probably no more than two, two-fifty including postage.

Ausphotography Regular olefella's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day, I have one of these and it's not the best, control is in camera and very limited, I believe there is a better version around now though.
    a granddad and enjoying every minute of it.
    C&C welcome
    -------------------------
    Donovan

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that flash.
    It works ok but you have to do a lot manually in certain circumstances when PTTL is not up to par.
    The Super version is better but more $

Ideally http://www.pentaximaging.com/accessories/AF540FGZ/ but $$$
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, slightly out of my price range. I'm in two minds because I don't know how much use I'd get out of it if I spent a bit more, but I don't want to get a dud if I spend less. And I really want to get a Tamron 90mm lens (or similar macro), and don't know if I could justify both. The lens I figure I'd definitely use more....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Metz 48 AF-1 is a good flash for the money. Doesn't have an auto mode though but I find mine very easy to use. Has PTTL & Manual mode, HSS and some other good functions like 2nd curtain sync. This was my first flash and I'm pretty happy with it even though I don't know much about flash photography.
    Pentax K20D & Grip, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5 DC Macro, Sigma APO 70-200 f2.8 EX DG HSM II, Metz Mecablitz 48 AF-1 flash, LowePro Flipside 300 backpack, Photoshop CS 5, Lightroom 3, Manfrotto Monopod & 498 RC2 Ball Head, GoldPhoto "Tracker" Tripod, Hoya CPL and UV filters, Yongnuo RF602 flash triggers.