User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: another single speedlight test

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another single speedlight test

Here's another test using a single speedlight, gels and a new show through umbrella. I used whatever i had hanging around (in this case my banjo) which made a really good prop with lots of reflective surfaces and colours. Tried to keep it low key and had the light down to 1/8th most of the time. I am happy with these two in particular (took about a hundred just to get these right ). This was a good excercise for DOF too, the srings helped focus on the appropriate part I wanted to hightlight. A good excercise all round. Now I gotta find myself a willing model.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nikon D5000 / 18mm-55mm / 55mm - 200mm / Tamron 17mm - 50mm / Manfrotto 190XPROB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like both of these. Love the dof in the first. Love guitars etc, even though I can`t play. Good that you are happy with these results...thats the main thing.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks Graeme, I'm really enjoying the different challengers I'm trying lately. I've tried a bit of all types of photography and am loving it.