I am new to the forum - only a week and still finding my way around so apologise if in the wrong section ahead of time.
I have been looking for a few weeks for which camera to buy and decided on the Nikon D90. As I am going on long service leave to several O/S countries backpacking in September (Egypt, Turkey, Croatia, Denmark,Kenya - safari, and Rwanda - trekking highland gorillas and golden monkeys). I have a Nikon 18-200mm F3.5 - 5.6 VRII lens I won on ebay (I bid for the camera and lensoff the same guy and won the lens for $700 brand new as an insurance claim!). Still haven't bought the camera...

3 Questions - Which lens do you wonderful learned people suggest to photograph African wildlife ?
- Which lens for architecture/monuments?
- Which lens for low light to photograph Mountain gorillas.
- Which lens for macro?
I am so confused at lenses!!!!!!! I'd like the least for the most use for the trip. I don't intend to stop with the trip, but to photograph my grandchildren portrait style. If the 18-200mm does the lot great, but I am still researching. I only have 1 hour with the mountain gorillas, so every shot will be vital and it will be the rainy season.
In anticipation thank you so much.... I am just so confused.

I am not going until September, so have to practice, practice, practice. As am backpacking (even at my age), I what the minimilist I need to take to capture everything.