User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightroom made me feel heavy headed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other thing that I hope is in CNX3 is an "invert selection" tool - that would save me some time.

A royal pain in the bum!
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maccaroneski View Post
    One other thing that I hope is in CNX3 is an "invert selection" tool - that would save me some time.
    There is an invert selection tool, where you select the selection tool of your choice but make sure the - sign is checked(as opposed to the + sign) before you use the selection.

If by 'invert selection' tool you mean to invert an already created selection, then yes!! agree wholeheartedly.

Lost count as to how many times I've created an intricate selection and realised I was using it the wrong way after having completed the selection, and have never figured out how to invert it. Funny thing is, I'm sure I remember having that ability in either CNX v1 or Nikon Capture 4(point something).
    It was something simple like Alt+ or - and I've tried to find any info on it, or a shortcut to it.. but have been unsuccessful.
    Such a simple and basic tool that it doesn't make sense not to have it.

But!!! You can make an inverse selection, as long as you remember to check the - sign in the tool before you start to create the selection. Kind'a the same thing .. but not really.

I'd use that function in being able to creat a selection, and then being able to copy -> paste that edit step but creating an inverse version of it for the sake of editing the other section in a different manner.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If by 'invert selection' tool you mean to invert an already created selection, then yes!! agree wholeheartedly.
    Dat's da one.... applying different effects to my subject and foreground - particularly "opposite" ones like sharpen and blur, and a thousand other examples I could think of, would bring me joy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12