User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Need advice on online vendor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need advice on online vendor

Does anyone have experience or comment on ############, an e-bay vendor?

I found that its price for Tokina 11-16 is the lowest but I am not sure whether it is worth to buy comparing to its after-sale services and warrantee.

So, I would like to have your suggestion if I want to buy the lens from an gray importer, which one would you recommend?
    Last edited by Kym; 27-03-2010 at 11:30am. Reason: lens-e ##### > lens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally haven't really cared about the ebay vendor. As long as they have good positive review, i find that whatever i buy is always delivered to me

buying in ebay is really all about cheap price and not about service. thats why you are paying extra at the local shop.

good luck mate

Nikon D80 | Nikon D700 | 18-135mm | 35mm f2.0 | 50mm f1.4 | 80-200mm f2.8 | Heaps of lights and modifiers
    Visit My PhotoBlog

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree with viscounts, you use ebay at your own risk. Generally there are grey market stores available here in Aus, that can offer just as good deals, and they often have a local contact number, and some even have stores you can visit as well. This may not be the case in Bangkok. Australia will also have different importation laws, customs charges and taxes to Thailand, so you are probably asking this question on the wrong forum.

Looking at his site, his prices are not that great either.

He currently has a Sony Alpha A550+18-55mm lens and 16gb card for AU $972.17, yet a quick search shows me I can buy it from an Aus grey retailer (who has a bricks and mortar store) for around AU $900.00.
    Last edited by ricktas; 27-03-2010 at 9:09am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks you all.

By the way, I am in Melbourne now so that's why I asked you guys in this website : )

So, Ricktas, can you tell me what the local gray retailer you talked about maybe I can give them a visit? Thanks.
    Last edited by GeneraX; 27-03-2010 at 2:36pm.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    have a look at www.shopbot.com.au and type in what you want to buy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought shutter release cable for D3 sometime back. It came with broken connector. I sent them picture of it and they asked me to send it back and then they both refunded postage (around $5) and sent me a new one which worked fine.

As said above, we don't buy from eBay due to awesome service (or lack thereof), its because of the cheap price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Post removed. member with under 50 posts are not allowed to promote commercial ventures. Join in and participate more and then you will be allowed to discuss your favourite vendors - Admin *
    Last edited by ricktas; 25-05-2010 at 7:12am.