Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Adobe P/S

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adobe P/S

Interested to find out from members who had Adobe CS3 installed on their computers when P/S CS4 was released, did Adobe allow an upgrade to CS4 for a nominal fee or was it a case of a fresh install of CS4 right from the start?
    Richard
    I've been wrong before!! Happy to have constructive criticism though.Gear used Canon 50D, 7D & 5DMkII plus expensive things hanging off their fronts and of course a "nifty fifty".

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    upgrade...... but at a price

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upgrade for me too. I was living in the US at the time, think it was around $250.
    Alan

Canon 5DII, 40D, some lenses, and some other stuff.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was certainly not offered a reasonable upgrade, they offered me something like $650 AUS which is too stupid for words. At the time there was a change in operating systems or cameras (I can't quite recall which) but I do remember that you had to upgrade if you wanted the ability to that system/camera. It really was extortion as virually all other programmes provide an upgrade or additional drivers free of charge. I didn't bother with the upgrade and don't think very highly of Adobe business ethics and the lack of support to those of us paying almost $1k for one of their applications. With this sort of attitude to paying customers, I can appreciate why so many people resort to piracy. Its not that they're unwilling to pay a reasonable cost, just unwilling to be ripped off again and again.

I think the reason for change was using MS Vista - not that would be an issue as I primarily use a Mac.
    Last edited by MarkW; 09-03-2010 at 5:40pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You pay the upgrade primarily for the new features.

If you want camera support you can get the relevant version of your raw processing software of choice. Lightroom, Aperture, or the one that comes with your camera.

Or, Adobe themselves provide a free DNG convertor which you can run your files through and the use whatever version of CR you have with PS.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I had a terrible feeling that this would be the story I would hear, have a relative who has CS3 and was interested in upgrading to 4 and suspected that there would be no cheap answer!!!
    Thanks all
    Richard