Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: E-520 Data Query

Ausphotography Regular Floribunda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E-520 Data Query

I find that when editing a photo in Olympus Master (even just to resize) I lose the data in the edited photo.

Is there a way around this?

Lyn.
    Cheers Lyn.

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II and various lenses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps check this setting when you save. Master might be sitting on "JPEG" instead of "Exif-JPEG"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Olympus bodies: E330 & the E3. Lenses: Zuiko 12-60mm, 50-200mm. Sigma 105mm. Extras: EX25, FL36R, FL50R and a few odds and ends

"A stranger is just a friend you don't know yet!" ~ Billy Connelly

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wulfys - I feel particularly STUPID!! You are right of course, and thank you so much for taking the trouble to reply!
    If only I would read EVERYTHING on the computer screen.
    Lyn.
    BTW - I love your Billy Connelly quote!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problems!! I just remembered seeing it back when i used to use Master I'm glad to hear it helped lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Floribunda View Post
    I find that when editing a photo in Olympus Master (even just to resize) I lose the data in the edited photo.

Is there a way around this?

Lyn.
    have you used Olympus Studio and what are your thoughts
    Website - McGoo Photography
    Sean | Olympus E5 | Olympus e620 | Zuiko 7-14 | Zuiko 35-100 SHG | Zuiko 14-54 | Zuiko 70-300 | OM 50mm | Panagor macro converter | CPL filter | FL-50R flash |

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried out Olympus Studio last year and was so impressed with the raw converter that I bought a copy.

The package is fairly "clunky" from the user interface point of view, but is nevertheless fairly competent. That magnificent new raw converter makes up for everything.
    Cheers

Larry
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Canon EOS 6D | EF 24-70mm 1:2.8 L II USM | EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM | EF 100-400 1:4.5-5.6 L IS | Speedlight 600EX-RT
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 | Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mk II | Olympus M.Zuiko DIGITAL 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO | Olympus M.Zuiko DIGITAL 12-100mm f/4 IS PRO | Olympus M.Zuiko DIGITAL 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO | Panasonic LUMIX G Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH | Misc 4/3 lenses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now, have people used the Olympus Viewer 2 yet? My only complaint is that it doesn't seem to include the calender/time line feature in Master & Studio. Of course it doesn't include the tethered feature of Studio, but you can't expect everything for free. At least it has all the editing functions of Studio 2.

Ross
    Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 12 (& Olympus Workspace).

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
    Now, have people used the Olympus Viewer 2 yet? My only complaint is that it doesn't seem to include the calender/time line feature in Master & Studio. Of course it doesn't include the tethered feature of Studio, but you can't expect everything for free. At least it has all the editing functions of Studio 2.

Ross
    I am using Olympus Viewer 2 to download from the camera (actually I prefer Picasa for that) and convert RAW images.

I find the levelling control crap compared to Picasa and Viewer doesn't seem to have any convenient zoom controls.

You have to go into the menu - is there a keyboard short-cut?

There is no helpfile in the download. I think the software is still a 'beta' build but you would think that there should be a help file (note that I write software documentation so this irks me a lot).

I think it is better than the old Master software but the image-zoom is a pain.

The price is right and you get lens distorsion fix from RAW that I don't get in Picasa.
    Last edited by peterb666; 23-05-2010 at 2:01pm.