Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Help please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Help please

Hi all, I would like some help.
    I am trying to photograph the inside of a house, mainly bedrooms and kitchen. When taking the photos I would also like to capture what is outside the window you look through. Usually the photo comes out with the window being overexposed or just plain white. The equipment I am using is a cannon 40 D, ##### is 19 to 35 and a cannon 580 EX speedlight flash.
    Cheers
    Wayne
    PS Hope I've put this in the right spot.
    Wayne

CC always welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wayne,

There are two ways to go, (that i can think of)
    Change the exposure to match the outside conditions and use the flash to fill the light in the room. (easiest way is change spot metering and have the window in the center of the frame when metering)
    or
    Look into HDR, which is the combination of two photos with different exposures to make one. I haven't succesed with it yet but have a look in the Photo Manipulation section.

Peter
    Peter
    An engineers with a canon willing to shoot anything once!
    https://www.facebook.com/SneddonPhotography
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Peter Thanks for the help,have had a go and they look a lot better .I am going to look into HDR. many thanks Wayne

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser OzzieTraveller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Wayne

Try shooting before breakfast when the light is there but very soft (compared with mid-day) light
    I find that 5-6am light requires a tripod exposure to fully register, and as such the flash will balance brightness levels quite nicely. WB is another matter, tho in northern NSW & Qld, light at that time seems to have a better WB match for the flash

Even if the WB is not 100% I would suggest "not to worry" - many of the $1000 real estate sales packages deliberately mix daylight & tungsten WB to emphasise the house's lighting features

Hope this helps, Phil
    Of all the stuff in a busy photographers kitbag, the ability to see photographically is the most important
    google me at Travelling School of Photography
    images.: flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/