This is interesting. Google will add Picnik to their cloud offereings.
The free version lets you (in a browser): (from the Picnik site)
- Fix your photos in just one click
- Use advanced controls to fine-tune your results
- Crop, resize, and rotate in real-time
- Tons of special effects, from artsy to fun
- Astoundingly fast, right in your browser
- Awesome fonts and top-quality type tool
- Basketfuls of shapes from hand-picked designers
- Works on Mac, Windows, and Linux
- No download required, nothing to install
Linky's and quote
SEARCH ENGINE OUTFIT Google has decided to write a cheque to buy the photo editing software maker Picnik.
According to a spokesperson Picnik's software will be shoved under the bonnet of Google's cloud offerings. That seems odd, since you never really want clouds at a picnic. They are a bit like ants.
Google wants people to edit their photos using Picnik without having to leave their browsers. It allows punters to crop, touch-up and add effects to snaps.
Google promises that Picnik will continue to operate as it does now, but the search outfit says it is working hard on integration and giving it new features. µ