User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  17
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon EF 100 f2.8 IS Macro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi thanks all. The reviews I have read on this lens have all be good. However, I only take the occasional macro for fun (extension tubes) and so I could only justify buying this lens if it was useful for more general photography. Richard, I really liked the second photo of your son - though the detail in all is great. Sandy, those reeds are lovely, particularly the colour and definition of the foreground seed-heads. This lens is on my next to buy list. Thanks for taking the time to pose the images and info.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think you would be dissapointed with the EF 100L IS Macro, I have seen posts by other members on AP which were shot with a macro lens which had almost nothing to do with macro-photography. These people had been out searching for macro subjects when something un-expected happened.....got a camera in your hands....might as well frame something interesting.
    As I pointed out early in the thread, I had never had anything to do with dedicated macro lenses until now and am amazed by the versatility of it. In the past all my experience has been with a Canon EF 24-70L connected via a 1.4X Canon tube, does a fair job too and you can get in as close as about 250mm to the subject, but this set-up isn't a patch on the EF 100 IS.
    Bit expensive, think Camera House had them at about $1300 last time I looked, not sure about that but if you have the brass to spare, probably a worthwhile buy?
    Richard
    I've been wrong before!! Happy to have constructive criticism though.Gear used Canon 50D, 7D & 5DMkII plus expensive things hanging off their fronts and of course a "nifty fifty".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12