User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best place to purchase Blackrapid R-Strap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After moistening the rubber washer on the fastener I will be very surprised if it comes loose. I can hardly move it with all my strength.
    Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdazzler View Post
    After moistening the rubber washer on the fastener I will be very surprised if it comes loose. I can hardly move it with all my strength.
    Plus 1 for that, I don't see that the fastener will work it self loose.
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my BR DR-1 arrived today ... unfortunately they stuffed up my order and only sent me 1 x Joey-2 mod and not the 2 that i actually ordered.
    Quick update on this ... Turns out I sent my email about getting this fixed up to their automated email system. Needless to say no-one got it and thats why i hadnt heard back from them. My mistake ...

I just emailed their customer service dept. (the correct one this time) and they got back to me in less than 10 minutes saying they would send out my missing item immediately. Thumbs up for quick response and service

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What made you decide on the BlackRapid RS DR-1 Double Camera Strap and not the Optech Double Harness?

sue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    quality ... Id heard good things about the materials in the BR stuff, and was told that they should last for a very very long time. I wasnt sure about the Optech stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update on this ... Turns out I sent my email about getting this fixed up to their automated email system. Needless to say no-one got it and thats why i hadnt heard back from them. My mistake ...

I just emailed their customer service dept. (the correct one this time) and they got back to me in less than 10 minutes saying they would send out my missing item immediately. Thumbs up for quick response and service
    UPDATE: Received my missing items within 10 working days. Very well handled by BR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
    I ordered a cheap copy from Link Delight. It only cost $25 & has a belt system similar to Black Rapid but an opening catch that overlaps & connects to a plate which includes a slot for a small strap if desired. I will probably get a Black Rapid mounting screw (when I get a battery grip for my camera). I guess I will find out just how cheap this Chinese version will be. If it's any good, I will write a comment on it & point out any failings it may have.

I know, cheap usually means cheap, but I will see just how cheap then won't I.
    I've recieved my Quick Strap which could be taken as a very good copy of the Black Rapid RS4. Someone else has done a good review of it here http://blueweedphoto.blogspot.com/20...off-thats.html & I won't redo it as he has described it very well. The only thing with the Link Delight description/photo was the clip shown. This is not the clip supplied, but the one recieved is shown in other reseller's advertisements (as it is in the above review). I also didn't recieve the small bit of tubing which isn't much of an issue. I really like the whole sling assembly supplied using the bracket (aluminium) which also allows for a grip strap to be attached (for when there is no battery grip on the camera), although I am the sort of person who buys something then looks to see how I can make it better, so I hope to make a new bracket with the Velbon tripod mount on it. I will take photos of it when done.
    Last edited by Ross the fiddler; 15-08-2010 at 8:20pm.
    Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 12 (& Olympus Workspace).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123