User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best place to purchase Blackrapid R-Strap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would just depend how much storage you need. The RS5 has more available (zip pocket, plus flip-top), though you can add Joey's to the RS7 (but that is extra $$$).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile black rapid RS DR-1

Got my Black Rapid RS DR-1 double strap via Singapore earlier this year. A big photo shop in Perth sells them now, and I believe the distributor is in I think either Qld or NSW.
    I have my Nikon D300S with 70-200 2.8 hanging on one side , and my Nikon D80 with 150-500 on the other side. They are excellent for my purpose of photographing aircraft, Just lift one up shoot as required , 'drop' it down the strap , lift the other one and shoot with that.
    I have worn it for over four hours with both camera's attached and found
    it quite comfortable and easy to wear. A great piece of gear especially if you into 'action' type photography. One point - remember if you have it attached to the tripod mount on your gear [where it is best ] when you have to change lens REMEMBER the LENS is attached to the strap and the camera IS'NT so beware you do not forgot and drop the body. I nearly did but made a 'safety link' with an old camera strap, attached to the camera body and the DR-1 strap, so when unhooking you always have the body and the lens secured by straps.
    Great piece of gear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know camera electronics in perth stocks them... they cost about $76 - $99....

Nikon D700 in all it's glory!

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my RS DR-1 from the Black Rapid site...quick delivery, no hassles.
    For people with multiple cameras - this is the best thing you can get. Like douglasdc8
    Ive worn mine for hours (weddings/birthdays), and its just brilliant comfort wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a small word of caution about this strap, a number of people have reported failures resulting in cameras hitting the pavement.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/p...ap-rs-4-a.html

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=32800305

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/top...krapid#7064390

Simmo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentax K20d,Pentax DA 16-45 ED-AL,Pentax DA L 55-300, Sigma DC18-200,Sigma 150-500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving my RS-7 - shot a wedding with some pretty heavy gear on all day and no sore neck or shoulder. Will take note of the warnings above and try and hook up a safety backup in case the screw comes lose (not that it shows any sign of it). Thinking of a fishing trace between the camera lug and the clip - open to ideas if someone has a good suggestion, definately dont want to go back to the neck strap days!!
    Check out my new site - www.wattsgallery.com - feedback welcome

Gear - Canon 5D, 40D, 10-22, 24-70 2.8L, 200 2.8L, 50 1.8, 430EXII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Just a small word of caution about this strap, a number of people have reported failures resulting in cameras hitting the pavement.
    I'd put it down to user error - especially the screw coming loose.

If you read the BR instructions, it says to moisten the rubber a little before tightening - it does make a difference and you'll be hard pressed to undo the Connect2 if you moisten it first.

In 20+ weddings and countless other shoots, i've never had an issue with either of my two RS4 straps. Come to think of it, I know another pro 4-5 photographers that use the black rapid gear and none of them have had an issue either.

That said, I use optech pro straps and the short bits (not the neckstrap bit) are permanently attached to the camera by the eyelets. When I'm using my Blackrapid straps, i just loop the optech straps through the RS4 as a "safety".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my RS-7 from Blackrapid web site, it took 5 days if I remember correctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm.. will check this out and probable get one.. looks pretty neat at first glance..

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I have a Nikon D700 + a Nikon 24-70 mm lens

Just caught up with the post on Black Rapid straps .

I am a middle aged women and am thinking of possibly purchasing the R strap .

Some questions:

1. How safe is against theft ( cutting the strap) - or is the strap theft proof such as pacsafe?

2. How to protect the camera swinging in a large crowd - or else to cause damage to the camera especially when travelling overseas?

3. Is this better than purchasing the OP/TECH STRAP i. e is it as comfortable to wear . Does it pull on the shoulders or body?

Thanks

Sue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered a cheap copy from Link Delight. It only cost $25 & has a belt system similar to Black Rapid but an opening catch that overlaps & connects to a plate which includes a slot for a small strap if desired. I will probably get a Black Rapid mounting screw (when I get a battery grip for my camera). I guess I will find out just how cheap this Chinese version will be. If it's any good, I will write a comment on it & point out any failings it may have.

I know, cheap usually means cheap, but I will see just how cheap then won't I.
    Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 12 (& Olympus Workspace).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by creativepro View Post
    Hi

I have a Nikon D700 + a Nikon 24-70 mm lens

Just caught up with the post on Black Rapid straps .

I am a middle aged women and am thinking of possibly purchasing the R strap .

Some questions:

1. How safe is against theft ( cutting the strap) - or is the strap theft proof such as pacsafe?

2. How to protect the camera swinging in a large crowd - or else to cause damage to the camera especially when travelling overseas?

3. Is this better than purchasing the OP/TECH STRAP i. e is it as comfortable to wear . Does it pull on the shoulders or body?

Thanks

Sue
    If you're worried about the cutting of the strap, Sun Sniper make one with a steel cable in it. There is a Sydney supplier selling them on ebay.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to your review Ross

sue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my BR DR-1 arrived today ... unfortunately they stuffed up my order and only sent me 1 x Joey-2 mod and not the 2 that i actually ordered.

Strap is great though, very happy with that. Theyre definitely not cheap though .. $200+ for the strap and 2 x joeys.
    Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that is expensive . Let us know how you go with it.

I have now considering the OP/Tech Pro Loop Camera Strap +Sling Kit for Nikon D700? What do you think?

Sue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was for the double strap, 2 x joey2s + shipping from the US. With exchange it ended up costing me about $215AUD. If Id bought it here it would have cost me at least $260. The DR-1 alone is $190 here, and the Joeys about $35 each.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine's on it's way. Ordered the RS-W1 which wasn't available till late July. The BlackRapid site ships for $12 whereas BH is closer to $40!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magrose View Post
    Mine's on it's way. Ordered the RS-W1 which wasn't available till late July. The BlackRapid site ships for $12 whereas BH is closer to $40!
    late July ?? todays the 31st ... it dont get any later

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any reason you decided on the BlackRaid and not the
    OP/Tech Pro Loop Camera Strap +Sling Kit

Sue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also interested if anyone knows if the joey pouches attach to the new women's strap RS-W1? And if anyone has any experience with these. As for safety regarding the camera falling after the screw worked itself loose, I have seen people use a figure 8 knot and some climbing rope as a safety loop. I have no experience with it myself but looks like a great idea.
    Canon 50D | Canon 10-22mm | Canon EF-S 17-85mm | Canon 24-70mm f2.8L | Canon 70-300mm |Canon 35mm f1.4L | Canon 50mm f1.8II |Canon 100mm f2.8 macro |Canon 300mm f4L IS | Canon 580EXII

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast