Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best place to purchase Blackrapid R-Strap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best place to purchase Blackrapid R-Strap

Just after any members thoughts on the best place to purchase one from, from searching the net I don't think they are available in Australia.

Thanks in advance
    Nick

Gear:
    Nikon D700
    Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 - Nikon 50mm f/1.8
    Nikon SB-600 - SB-800 - SB-28
    Some Strobist Gear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got mine from the Black Rapid website....not available in Aus....Cameras Direct had some of the earlier models but not the more recent ones now to my kowledge. Transaction was fine.
    Cheers, Lani.
    Bodies: Nikon D700, D300 Primes: Nikon 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4G, 105mm VR 2.8, 300mm f4. Zooms: Nikon 14-24 2.8, 24-70 2.8, 70-200VR II 2.8, Sigma 10-20mm Processing: Photoshop CS5 extended, LR 3.2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Website

you know it's a genuine and only takes 3 or 4 days

Scotty
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got mine via their web site too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also got mine from their website. Very quick delivery, was on my front door within 7 days. Love it.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone, will be purchasing from the site!

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I'm a bit late here, but yes I also bought mine from their website. Very timely postage, and I love it, will never go back to a normal neck strap.
    Mic

Photography is the art of telling stories with light.

www.michaelgoulding.com

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Rapid Straps in OZ now at Quality Camera Sales

Hi Guys

We are pleased to announce that we are now an Authorized stockist of the Black Rapid Straps and Accessories

We have the full range available here

http://www.qualitycamera.com.au/black-rapid-c-311.html

Cheers

Stu

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Stu,

I am also looking at purchasing one of these but need some help with which model.

1. The RS-5 has the pockets etc and shows an iphone in one of the pockets - does anyone know if it is a snug fit as my iphone has a protective cover,

2. Is the RS-7 anymore confordable than the RS-5 as it looks like the strap is a different shape, and

3. Is it worth while getting the R3 fastener as opposed to R2 that comes with the RS-5, I will be buying an additional fastener also ?

Any real experience on these questions - thanks.

Mike
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mike,

While I'm not Stu I may be able to provide my feedback after trying out the RS5 and RS7 in a store here in NSW (I'll get the OK from Ricktas first before stating who they are, since Stu is a lovely supporter of AP ).

1) I didn't try putting an iphone in the pockets, but after looking through the zips and pouches there is a fair bit of room available on this strap. The strap is significantly fatter than the RS7 (this may be a factor) and is straight, instead of curved like the RS7 (yet another comfort factor). However, a nice pro is the pocket strap is magnetically tied down, so no velcro ripping noises.

2) More a comfort thing as well here, would be hard to explain. I personally found the RS7 seems to sit better on my shoulders, than the RS5.

3) Difference between the FastenR-2 and FastenR-3 is more the footprint of the attachment, so that would be a personal difference too. The 3 is a D-ring, only take up the exact size of it's base footprint with no overhang and probably even more important if shooting portrait (due to the ring on the R2 slopping down).

Side note, I also have 2 Joey-2 at the moment on my RS7, fits an iphone pretty snug too. My reason for the choice was my needs at the moment are more lightweight/adaptable for the varying situation. I'm almost even rempted to remove the velcro on these and put in my own magnetic locking of my own for the silence (which can be a huge boon that the RS5 has over the RS7 right now.

I'm sure Stu could provide even more feedback for you

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchamacallit View Post
    Hi Mike,

While I'm not Stu I may be able to provide my feedback after trying out the RS5 and RS7 in a store here in NSW (I'll get the OK from Ricktas first before stating who they are, since Stu is a lovely supporter of AP ).

1) I didn't try putting an iphone in the pockets, but after looking through the zips and pouches there is a fair bit of room available on this strap. The strap is significantly fatter than the RS7 (this may be a factor) and is straight, instead of curved like the RS7 (yet another comfort factor). However, a nice pro is the pocket strap is magnetically tied down, so no velcro ripping noises.

2) More a comfort thing as well here, would be hard to explain. I personally found the RS7 seems to sit better on my shoulders, than the RS5.

3) Difference between the FastenR-2 and FastenR-3 is more the footprint of the attachment, so that would be a personal difference too. The 3 is a D-ring, only take up the exact size of it's base footprint with no overhang and probably even more important if shooting portrait (due to the ring on the R2 slopping down).

Side note, I also have 2 Joey-2 at the moment on my RS7, fits an iphone pretty snug too. My reason for the choice was my needs at the moment are more lightweight/adaptable for the varying situation. I'm almost even rempted to remove the velcro on these and put in my own magnetic locking of my own for the silence (which can be a huge boon that the RS5 has over the RS7 right now.

I'm sure Stu could provide even more feedback for you
    Thanks for the comments - still deliberating over what to get. Grrrrrrrrrrr

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Question, has anyone used the R-strap with the 40D / 50D battery grip, I read on one review that the screw connector does not screw all the way in on the battery grip mount - reluctant to think this is correct but would like to hear anyones experience with a gripped mount and the strap.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a mate heading to the USA very shortly, have organised for him to pick up an RS-7 for me.
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchamacallit View Post
    members with under 50 posts and 30 days membership are not allowed to promote commercial sites, anywhere on Ausphotography.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just noticed that BlackRapid now have 3 official "distributors" in Australia, do to their website, click on Dealers and then Australia.

I bought my R straps before there were any Australian stores stocking them so I'm not sure on pricing etc

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campo View Post
    I've just noticed that BlackRapid now have 3 official "distributors" in Australia, do to their website, click on Dealers and then Australia.

I bought my R straps before there were any Australian stores stocking them so I'm not sure on pricing etc
    Of those 3, Photo Continental DO NOT stock the R-Straps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikew09 View Post
    Thanks for the comments - still deliberating over what to get. Grrrrrrrrrrr
    The choice between and RS5 and RS7 wasn't easy, I personally read a few reviews so settled on the RS7 but when I got to the store was like "hmm...I'll give the other one a shot." Still chose the 7, partially because the "MODS" system appears to be the way forward.

But I do like the FastenR-3, aesthetically too due to the gunmetal finish on a black body, doesn't stand out as much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the RS-7. Ordered from BR site directly. It arrived in about 10 days including long weekend and I am very happy with it. I am just mad I didn't do it sooner and persisted with the stupid around the neck stap - I can't believe they haven't been improved in 30+ years.

Cheers
    Josh
    Check out my new site - www.wattsgallery.com - feedback welcome

Gear - Canon 5D, 40D, 10-22, 24-70 2.8L, 200 2.8L, 50 1.8, 430EXII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikew09 View Post
    Another Question, has anyone used the R-strap with the 40D / 50D battery grip, I read on one review that the screw connector does not screw all the way in on the battery grip mount - reluctant to think this is correct but would like to hear anyones experience with a gripped mount and the strap.
    Mike
    I have a 40D with battery grip and it works just fine - very solid

As to an Iphone - they DO fit in the strap with the one i have (as listed below) but it is snug - wouldnt fit if you had a cover/case on them

I love mine it is so comfortable!

I got mine from the states and it was delivered to my door in 5 working days!
    Kellie

Canon EOS 40D | BG-E2N Battery Grip | 70-200 F4 L USM | EF 24-105mm F4L IS | EF 50mm | Tamron SP AF90mm Macro | EF-S 18-55mm | EF25 II Extension Tube | Sigma EF-500 Flash | Blackrapid R-Strap RS5 | Photoshop PSE8 | Lowepro Slingshot 350 |Slik Tripod and Monopod

http://showipix-dogshowphotos.smugmug.com/

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Showipix View Post
    Mike
    I have a 40D with battery grip and it works just fine - very solid

As to an Iphone - they DO fit in the strap with the one i have (as listed below) but it is snug - wouldnt fit if you had a cover/case on them

I love mine it is so comfortable!

I got mine from the states and it was delivered to my door in 5 working days!
    Still struggling to make my mind up between the 5 or 7. Often find I need to have those extra mem cards handy when walking around the horse events etc. I do see key advantages, here in qld it gets hot and I hate the way I sweat against the camera when it is sitting to the front of me. Gets in the way when I am holding a horse for wife or daughter and with the basic strap and my 70-200, gets pretty uncomfy after a while. Just can't make up my mind which model. I have lost a few lens caps when they fall out of my jeans pocket, I see the advantage of putting the cap in the strap with the RS-5, ready to order, just need to make up my mind on which model.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast