Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sydney meets calendar

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sydney meets calendar

Well Sydneysiders we now have a calendar of events starting to happen.

Amphot and I have started putting in events for the year. Some events do run over a few days which gives members the opportunity to go on another day, either by themselves or with other members if they can't make it on the specified meeting date.
    We are trying to cover all genres of photography to make our shoots many and varied - some may appeal to you and some may not.
    I will endeavour to try and include information about the venue, e.g Cafe available, photo opportunities, meeting time and place, etc.

The calendar can be found here:
    http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...r=2010&do=&c=2

Unfortunately at this stage we cannot format the text to distinguish between Sydney and NSW meets. NSW is the first state to have this calendar and it is on a trial basis at the moment. If all goes well Kym may be able to set one up for each state and we may be able to have different coloured text for different groups within the state calendar. It's all very exciting.

While Amphot and I will be deciding on meeting times and places, if members have better knowledge and would like to offer up some better suggestions, please do so by a PM to either one of us (this should avoid having multiple posts in the NSW Meet forum)

As you can see our next meet will be at Rookwood Cemetary - time and place to be decided yet as I need to make a few enquiries and to see if permission is required.

I hope that you all will find this a useful tool in your photographic life!
    CAMERA: Nikon D800, Nikon D7000
    LENSES: AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro, Sigma 10 - 20mm F/4 - 5.6, Sigma 150 - 500mm F/5 - 6.3 APO DG OS, Nikkor 18 - 200mm F/3.5 - 5.6 VRII,
    Sigma 70 - 200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron SP 24 - 70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG, Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm F/4 ED VR, Nikkor AF-S 200-500 f/5..6E ED VR
    MY WEBSITES: www.nawimages.com, http://nelliewajzerphotography.smugmug.com/, http://NellieWajzerPhotography.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent work Narelle! And thanks Kym.

As discussed the other day, as well as the larger meets, you might just want to post where you are going and when if it's a shoot that you are planning and wouldn't mind some company without going the whole hog of starting a thread, organising a roll call etc etc.

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we could do Wollongong but The Southern Highlands is a huge hike for us Sydney siders. I'll see what I can find unless you have any suggestions wildenikon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about something in the 'Gong - half way for you & us.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job, gang.

Is there any way for notifications of meets, or do people need to actively click into the calendar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NikonNellie View Post
    Maybe we could do Wollongong but The Southern Highlands is a huge hike for us Sydney siders. I'll see what I can find unless you have any suggestions wildenikon?
    It's not that big a drive to Bowral - M2, M7, M5 and you're there. You'll pay $150 in tolls though...

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wollongong and the Southern Highlands are pretty much the same distance away from greater Sydney. One's just west of the other.

If you want the Southern Highlands, you take the M5; if you want the Gong, you take the F6. Similar distances, basically.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenedis View Post
    Good job, gang.

Is there any way for notifications of meets, or do people need to actively click into the calendar?
    Not via the calendar, but you can subscribe to a thread and you will be kept informed via email of the progression of that thread. Use the 'thread tools' menu at the top of a thread, to subscribe to it.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Not via the calendar, but you can subscribe to a thread and you will be kept informed via email of the progression of that thread. Use the 'thread tools' menu at the top of a thread, to subscribe to it.
    Ta.

I knew about thread subscriptions, but if the idea of the calendar is to list all of the planned meets, thread subscriptions won't help much there, unless someone announces each meet in a centralised thread.

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maccaroneski View Post
    Excellent work Narelle! And thanks Kym.
    I would just like to let you know that Amphot has done the majority of the work so far - inputting nearly all of the dates. Great job Amphot!

Just remember guys this is a work in progress and will take a little time to complete the whole calendar as I need to do some research on some of the locations. We are still open to any suggestions which you can post here.
    Last edited by NikonNellie; 23-02-2010 at 10:53pm.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remember guys this is a work in progress and will take a little time to complete the whole calendar as I need to do some research on some of the locations. We are still open to any suggestions which you can post here.
    Have you seen the NSW Free Photo Guides site?

http://freephotoguideaustnsw.blogspot.com/

This is a collaborative effort to document location guides for photographers.

Plenty of Sydney locations are documented.

The key to keeping things interesting is not to have the same type of meet all the time. I'm always keen on dawn or dusk 'scape shoots, but others may like to do things completely different, or have more of a meet and greet than a shoot.

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not that big a drive to Bowral - M2, M7, M5 and you're there. You'll pay $150 in tolls though...
    Avoid the toll roads, costs 5 minutes and save $150.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In answer to John's earlier question, maybe we could just drop a post in here to indicate you've added something to the calendar? Then you could simply subscribe to this thread and be informed as soon as something is added.

For example:

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...&day=2010-2-28

BTW I made a mistake and put it in for today (D'oh) so please ignore that... the 28th entry is correct.

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In answer to John's earlier question, maybe we could just drop a post in here to indicate you've added something to the calendar? Then you could simply subscribe to this thread and be informed as soon as something is added.

For example:

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...&day=2010-2-28

BTW I made a mistake and put it in for today (D'oh) so please ignore that... the 28th entry is correct.
    Tony
    You should be able to edit your mistake by clicking on the event on the calendar and going to "Event Options" and then "Edit Options". I tried but the options are not appearing on the screen. It looks as if only the person who entered the event can edit the information - which makes sense!

Xenedis you can get a reminder of the event by clicking on the event and then go to "Request Reminder for this event".

I don't think we need to drop a post in this thread each time a new event is added. Members can check for themselves if a new event has been added. Members should be just able to go to "Community" then "Calendar". Choose the month you require with the drop down menu and then click on the event which will show you all of the information and this is where members will have to be vigilant in entering appropriate information such as time and place of meet. If you require a reminder of the event then click on "Request Reminder of this event". Easy peasy!
    Last edited by NikonNellie; 24-02-2010 at 5:24pm.

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MT. TOMAH MEET HAS BEEN MOVED TO SATURDAY MAY 1ST - this later time should give us a more spectacular display.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any meets scheduled for June 2011?
    I've tried checking the calendar, but there's nothing on it.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennymiata View Post
    Are there any meets scheduled for June 2011?
    I've tried checking the calendar, but there's nothing on it.
    Anyone can organise a meet and place it in the calendar.

If there's a photoshoot you want to do and wish to make a meet out of it, post a thread and update the calendar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am actually free this Sunday (and holiday Monday) morning: does any one want to out shooting in the freezing winter air at sunrise?

John, wanna go sacrifice yet another 5D to the Gods at Kiama?
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty72 View Post
    wanna go sacrifice yet another 5D to the Gods at Kiama?
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm taking a long break from dawns and seascapes. (Not due to the Kiama Incident.)

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty72 View Post
    I am actually free this Sunday (and holiday Monday) morning: does any one want to out shooting in the freezing winter air at sunrise?

John, wanna go sacrifice yet another 5D to the Gods at Kiama?
    I am free on Sunday morning. Would a 7D be a suitable sacrifice? I have already seen a 5D gifted to Neptune.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast