Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Searching photos by EXIF data.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Searching photos by EXIF data.

In response to this week's competition - is there a way of searching an entire photo library (>1000GB) for exposure lengths less than 1/1000?
    Does Lightroom do this? Other packages I have tried don't and I removed Lightroom a little while ago because it was a free trial which had expired.
    Is such a search built in to any other software or is there a standalone program which will do this?

I have found a workaround (it just occurred to me as I was typing this question) - I use Xplorer2 for file management. It can list files' exif data in a limited and slightly clumsy way, but I just used it to display exposure length and then I sorted the display by that column. It is difficult to do when I want t o search many subfolders, but it is a step in the direction I went to go.

Any other suggestions?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    See my reply to your other post asking the same question. Yes Lightroom can do this.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lightroom (and now that it is cheaper, even though tey ripped us Aussies off, it is definitely worth getting and learning).

> View - Show Filter Bar
    > Select Metadata
    > A filter can then be selected for any kind of metadata you can think of - focal length, ISO, shutter speed, Lens, camera, camera serial etc etc!

that is how I have been finding my pics for the comps that have the requirements

Cheers
    Epicaricacy
    Canon 5Dmkiii and a variety of lenses and other bits and pieces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitly try lightroom
    Cheers
    H.B

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're on Mac, Aperture will also do this. I have series of smart albums set up to keep track of EXIF data (e.g. Lens) but have looked for shutter speed in the past.
    DM
    Nikon, Really Right Stuff, Gitzo, Manfrotto, Mac
    flickr