User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Wacom- Bamboo Fun or Intuos3?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wacom- Bamboo Fun or Intuos3?

Looking into getting a tablet for use with CS4. I don't do graphics or drawing/painting, will primarily be used with brush and selections in Photoshop.

Will a Bamboo Fun 4x6 or 6x9 be sufficient for these tasks? I currently only have a 13" MacBook but am planning to add a 24' iMac later down the track.

I realise that the Intuos3 has greater pressure sensitivity and a higher pad resolution. Are this critical factors in basic/intermediate photo editing?

One other plus for the Bamboo Fun Craft is that it comes bundled with Nik Colour Effex Pro 3.0, which is pretty pricey on its own.

Bamboo Fun Craft Medium $299
    Bamboo Fun 1st gen small $119
    Intuos3 4x6 small $ 265

Thoughts?
    Nikon D750
    Olympus m/43
    Rolleicord IV

My SmugMug

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got the Bamboo Fun which I use with PSE5. Love, love, love it! It's so easy to use I was using it for everything on the 'puter instead of the mouse but DH kicked up cos it was in his way I only use it on my laptop now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't tell you much about tablets but I LOVE Colour Effex 3.0 - I use something from it on almost every image I PP.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I had a trial version of it with NX2 a while ago and i enjoyed. Even toying with the idea of buying the whole Nik Suite as I love the u-point technology that is Viveza.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got a Bamboo Fun (small) recently and I'm really loving it. Mine has both touchpad and pen functionality and I've completely abandoned my mouse now. I use the touchpad for general use (ie. surfing the interweb) and the pen for PP. It's not a huge active surface, but I haven't found that to be a problem. Besides, if it were much bigger it would take up too much room on my desk.
    Canon DSLRs & lenses | Fuji X series & lenses | Ricoh GR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My children bought me the Bamboo Fun (large) for Xmas and I'm thrilled to bits with it. does everything I want in CS4 and more and like Jules I've almost completely abandoned my mouse for the touchpad use.
    Osprey Photography

Canon: 5D Mk II, 40D, 10D all gripped, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 24-105 f4L IS, 70-200 f2.8L IS, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS, 50 f1.4, 100 f2.8 Macro and other assorted accessories.

Some stalk, some chase and some pursue... but I hunt.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to reserect an old thread. Am looking at getting the Intyous 4 or the Cintiq (colour screen) for writing mainly at work...has anyone used them? Can you get rid of the mouse all together?

Roo
    Call me Roo......
    Nikon D300s, Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Af-S, Nikon 18-200mm VR, Nikon 70-200VRII 2.8, Sigma 105 Macro, Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, Tokina 12-24mm, Sb-600, D50, Nikon 1.7 T/C, Gitzo CF Monopod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm thinking about this too, the local camera shop has the older bamboo for about $70 and the newer model (not sure whether it's the fun or not) for about $100. I have lots of photos to process from my time here, so thought it might take the tedium out of it a bit (as would learning shortcuts!)