Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photoshop CS3 help needed

Mongo sometimes gets asked , “how did you do that?” but can hardly remember particularly when there are many steps in altering an image in PS.

Can anyone tell Mongo how he can keep or more importantly, print a history of all the actions/steps taken in photoshop in respect of changing an image. Presently, my history is set to about the last 30 steps (but can be increased). However , the real question is how that history can be printed out.
    Help would be much appreciated.
    Nikon and Pentax user

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser DAdeGroot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Mongo sometimes gets asked , “how did you do that?” but can hardly remember particularly when there are many steps in altering an image in PS.

Can anyone tell Mongo how he can keep or more importantly, print a history of all the actions/steps taken in photoshop in respect of changing an image. Presently, my history is set to about the last 30 steps (but can be increased). However , the real question is how that history can be printed out.
    Help would be much appreciated.
    Yes, you can tell photoshop to log everything to a text file (it gets somewhat large over time, but can be useful).

Nabbed from a quick google:

Go to Photoshop>Preferences>General (or the PC equivalent) and you will (hopefully) see a check box for History Log, along with some options. I chose “Detailed,” and chose to have the information saved in the file’s metadata. You can have it automatically saved as a text file, too, but dropping it in metadata assures me that I will never lose it.
    Dave

http://www.degrootphotography.com.au/
    Canon EOS 1D MkIV | Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM | Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM | Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM | Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L & some non-L lenses.

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave, you are a STAR ....thank you.

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    beat me to it Dave, after reading Mongo's question I knew I'd read it somewhere, had to find the right book, its the history log, can be saved to metadata and/or printed as a text file.
    Thanks mongo, I think I'm going to investigate this some more, I also forget just what I did and how I did it sometimes.
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6