My husband and I have different ideas as to which new monitor to purchase.
The choice is down to the Dell 2209 (22" IPS panel that I want) and the 24" BenQ V2400eco LED monitor (hubby wants this one)....Both are ballpark same price.

My non-photographer visually challenged husband (he knows I'm writing this ) believes that bigger is better (24" vs 22") and the latest technology (LED is this case) is best. I think size doesn't matter as much as it will eventually be part of a dual monitor set up.

I want the Dell as it is the only IPS panel to be had at this pricepoint and is brilliant for photo editing. I am also concerned about the reflectiveness of the LED panels. As most of my images are processed for print, I don't really see that the high contrast ratios are of much benefit. I've looked at LED panels instore and can't see what all the fuss is about. Am I missing something here?

The computer is used 90% of the time for photo-editing and 10% for internet browsing.
This is something we haven't been able to reach agreement on so are wanting opinions from you guys.