User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: CS4 saving as jpeg problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CS4 saving as jpeg problems.

We have a CS4 problem, when we try and save a image as a jpeg, it saves as a PSD (this is after selecting jpeg and hit save, no error messages, but when you go back to where it is saved, and I have tried to save it in different places, e.g.my pictures, on a seperate harddrive etc.... it shows as a psd file, not a jpeg), I have checked it is 8bit and RGB, the bizarre thing is I have CS4 loaded on 3 laptops, but is is only happening on one of them, thinking it is a laptop issue maybe, but at a loss to what is could be.

Any ideas to what is causing it or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    I have this silly idea, that I should actually go and take photos with all this photography gear I have already accumulated, before I collect any more!

See some of my photos here.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/David...5888662?ref=hl
    And my very randomly updated blog.
    http://davidarnold.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a friend of mine had the same problem on cs3 and was fixed by another friend. Let me ask around and post any answers I get

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are you saving as JPG are you just using file save as ?
    In CS4 you can go File >> Save for Web & Devices
    With this tool you can adjust the jpg quality to get the file size you want or if you so wish just leave that at 100%
    Jason / Brisbane QLD flickr
    Canon 5D Mk II 40D, 17-40mm f/4L, 24-70mm f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use save for web and devices but remember it strips any exif data from the files.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought, may be off beam, but have the images flattened? or are they layers? The latter forces you to save as PSD. Sometimes I find that a process introduces a layer and I get the same. Solution is eagerly awaited. Am...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking along the same lines as Am. Sometimes when doing a lens correction on an image I forget that it introduces an extra layer, until I go to save it... just a simple Flatten Image does the trick.
    Osprey Photography

Canon: 5D Mk II, 40D, 10D all gripped, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 24-105 f4L IS, 70-200 f2.8L IS, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS, 50 f1.4, 100 f2.8 Macro and other assorted accessories.

Some stalk, some chase and some pursue... but I hunt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are trying to save from RAW, make sure the image is set to 8 bit. JPEG will not save as a 16 bit. Had the same problem and after an hour of Google had the answer.. Ops did not read all your post please disregard.
    Last edited by wal1; 09-02-2010 at 6:36pm.