User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: 450D Pop up flash error

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

450D Pop up flash error

It started a few weeks ago that the pop up flash would not pop up. I managed to get it to pop up with a little prising but it seems to be sticking more and more.

Just wondering if it was a common problem? Camera is still under warranty but don't really weant to post it off and have to wait to get the camera back.

Thanks
    Canon 450D 18-55mm and 55-250mm kit lens. 50mm f1.8.
    More to come when money permits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umm....I am not sure on this one.

It sucks to hear that is happening......where do you live?

If you are in Metro of any State, there should be a Canon Service Centre that would deal with issues like this reasonably close by.

You are better to get it done sooner rather than later just in case any further issues develop.
    Canon 50D, Assortment of lenses that I will list here sometime soon.
    CS3 Ext, Manfrotto 055XPROB w/ 322RC2 & 486RC2 Ball Heads, BG-E2N Grip, 380EX Strobe and a willingness to learn.

My Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hackcessor/

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live on the Gold Coast and the nearest walk in service center is in Brisbane. Might just have to go up one day.

Think I will send it in now as just took it out for an hour and the flash wouldn't pop up on its own at all.

D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never experienced this with mine,let us know how you get on with it.
    Kev.
    C+C and Edits Welcome,just tell me what you did.
    Canon 50D,EF-S17-85mm,EF100mm F2.8 Macro,MT-24EX Flash.
    Sigma 150-500mm f5.6-6.3 DG.
    Photoshop Elements 7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just thought I'd check - but you haven't got it on a different mode than Auto and you are used to auto flash in certain conditions? The reason asking is it wont pop up by itself unless you pop it up with the little side button (well for the 400 and 350D) in other modes?
    Cat (aka Cathy) - Another Canon user - 400D, 18-55,75-300mm Kit Lens,50mm f1.8, Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro, Sigma 28-70 f2.8-4 DG, Tripod and a willingness to learn
    Software used: PhotoImpact, Irfanview and a lot of plugins
    We don't make a photograph just with a camera, we bring to the act of photography all the books we have read, the movies we have seen, the music we have heard, the people we have loved. - Ansel Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miaow View Post
    Just thought I'd check - but you haven't got it on a different mode than Auto and you are used to auto flash in certain conditions? The reason asking is it wont pop up by itself unless you pop it up with the little side button (well for the 400 and 350D) in other modes?
    That was what I was going to suggest. The issue of it being stuck has never happened to me in the 1 year and half I had with a 450D and it was my main camera.
    Checkout kevandisa.com and Redbubble
    Gear: Lowepro Minitrekker AW - 50D + BG-E2N, Velbon CX-540 Tripod, 580ex II and couple filters, remote shutter and Kenko AF DG Extension Tubes
    Lenses: Canon EF 50mm II F/1.8, Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the 12months I've had my 450D, I've had so such problem. Altho i held a peice of paper too close to the flash when it went off once and somehow i have burnt/black marks on my flash now..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have that prob with my 20 d there is a small release under the pop up flash,it has prob moved a touch, i sent the camera to canon for a clean and it came back like that, i just live with it, there is a guy in petrie north of brissie who can fix it though
    Last edited by rossco; 12-02-2010 at 9:03am.
    I've done so many things I'm not proud of...and the things I am proud of are disgusting. ~Moe, The Simpsons

http://Grae-and-co-images.com/

canon 5dmk 2, some lenses, a couple of sticks to hold them up, a thing that make sun at night, and a sense of adventure

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sent it in to canon and came back worked for a week then stopped working again, too it back to Brissy canon and asked what had been carried out on the repair before, it had been cleaned as it had a sticky substance in it? (did let someone use it at a party)

So it went away for repair again and they replaced a pcb and some plastic, been back for a few weeks and ok so far, touch wood.

Still have a few months warranty so hope its ok ;0)