Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Police Clearance.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bitrusty View Post
    ....It was only when you are the only adult there and in charge ie a teacher or leader of a group.
    Not sure that's right. I've helped present R.F.S. courses to young cadets and each year supervise for year 12 H.S.C.. Am part of a group of people that do both these things and we all need a working with children check done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading all this, I am definitely going into my local police station to find out more so I can make sure I'm all set here in Victoria.
    Seems such a hassle though

More I look into Photography, more complications there are. lol
    My only other concern at this point in time is what is considered for "commercial purposes", so hopefully the police can clear that up too.
    Last edited by bitsnpieces; 08-05-2014 at 1:05am.
    David Tran
    Sony a55
    Sony DT 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6
    Now sits as an antique as it no longer focuses properly.

Wishlist: Sony RX10iv (or RX10v if it ever comes out)

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bitsnpieces View Post
    After reading all this, I am definitely going into my local police station to find out more so I can make sure I'm all set here in Victoria.
    Seems such a hassle though
    The discussion has been about the NSW system but there is a Victorian equivalent. Details can be found http://www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au/

It is not the same as a police check. The checks in Victoria are done by the Victorian Department of Justice and not the police. Details of how this differs from a police check are shown on the website.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Peter for the link - I presumed the Working with Children check would be involved, went in to the police station today to see if there was anything else, but the lady at the counter didn't know anything with regards to photography.
    I guess I'll at least take the first step with the WwC card, then find out more from the VDoJ.

If there are any professionals out there in Melbourne who can shed some light down here too, would be awesome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one of these working with children cards as we at work " work in school yards sometimes. so would this be ok for this topic ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having just had to renew my working with children, there is a number of variations one can get. Usually the main one would be ​Volunteer Work and is therefore free, there are few others and one I included this time was
    Commercial Photography of Children
    due to the fact that I am a volunteer cricket coach and am now combining the art of photography to the sport for prosperity reasons. Also there are quite a few of the parents buying the images as mementos of their children growing up, so this insures I am covered.

Part of the WWC check here in Victoria involves a police check.....if you have a record for certain types of crimes you are automatically rejected.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a working with children, as I spend a bit of time in a child care centre doing maintenance and cleaning. I also do some of the photos for some of the functions they have there.
    No one has ever asked for a WWC for photography though... Didn't even know there was one...
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345