Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  23
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SE Qld - Places to Shoot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Great places to photograph

Saw your thread re the Spring Bluff area, another special place in the Toowoomba area is the Toowoomba Japanese Gardens set in the Northern parts of the University. Early Morning or later afternoon for great reflection shots across the lake
    JH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thread. Thanks everyone. Ipswich also has some lovely old buildings. Also at Queens Park in Ipswich is the Japanese Gardens.
    Never to old to learn new things!

Nikon D7000, Nikon D60. Nikkor 24-70 2.8f, Kit lens 18-55mm, 70-300mm, 50mm, 12-24mm and other bits and pieces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mt Cootha, Brisbane by Night panoramic view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bribie Island is another good spot for water birds and sunsets.
    Lloyd
    Canon 5D2+40D+L+Σ+S100
    Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of my favourite waterfalls:
    Queen Mary Falls (part of Main Range National Park, near Killarney)
    Curtis Falls and Witches Falls, (both part of Tamborine National Park, Mt Tamborine)

Some nice locations for general people photography and portraiture:
    Kholo Gardens
    Nerida Gardens (Japanese gardens at Queens Park, Ipswich)
    Canon 400D w/ battery grip|Canon 50mm f/1.8|Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II|Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L USM|Speedlite 430EX|Alien Bees B400 & B800|Assorted film gear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are plenty of really good suggestions in this thread for places to explore
    Steve

Equipment: A couple of Canons with some lenses and a heap of enthusiasm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rainforest and/or waterfalls
    Springbrook National Park, Binna Burra and O'Reilly's
    Natural Bridge
    Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland

Views
    Mount Coot-tha and the Botanic Gardens (also for flowers/macro)
    Best of all Lookout at Springbrook
    Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve lookout

General landscapes
    Mt Barney and the Scenic Rim
    Brisbane Forest Park and on to Somerset and Wivenhoe Dams
    Girraween (not sure if it would be classified as SE Qld but it is stunning!)
    Carole

Canon 550D|Canon 15-85mm|Canon 70-300mm|Canon 100mm f2.8 macro|50mm f1.8 II|
    Sony NEX 6|Sony 16-50mm| Sony 55-210mm|Sony RX100
    www.carolelloydphotography.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday I went exploring and found a lot of insect activity at a place called Victoria Park which is near the Royal Brisbane Hospital.

The area is quite huge and it's not like Roma street gardens in that it doesn't have huge beds of flowers etc. But what it does have is a creek / pond which has a lot of insect activity.

I worked just in a 2 metre radius and walked away with a lot of photos of some interesting jumping spiders and insects. I saw a lot of dragonflies but couldn't get to them and I don't think it'll be long till the frogs arrive.

A short stroll away are a whole heap of Eucalypt trees which had both caterpillars and some interesting insects as well as ants.

One can park in either Gregory terrace and walk/explore or park over near the hospital in Gilchrist Avenue.

EDIT:

If one follows the bike path towards Kelvin Grove Road, there are bushes etc that are full of flowers and have loads of stingless bees.
    Last edited by MichelleL; 01-09-2010 at 10:43am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my favorite places are
    Bunya mountains - Birds, Fungus, Waterfall, animals- including bush turkeys and roos
    USQ Japanese Gardens - plants, waterway/ fall, turtles and ducks
    Queen Mary Fall at Killarney - much like Bunya Mt. huge water fall and lots of lizards, watch for snakes I nearly stood on one
    Oakey Creek - has ducks and cockatoos just off the main street of Oakey.
    Lake Annand in toowomba - spiders, ducks, Kookabura
    Last edited by Allan Ryan; 04-09-2010 at 9:59am.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all for the great local destinations for us camera buffs to head to, For anyone who has time to head further north around Mackay the views from Cape Hillsborough National Park and Eungella National Park are well worth the time and distance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rainforest & waterfalls: anywhere in Lamington NP & Springbrook on the south & Kondallila near Mapleton north of Bris. Creeks should be great right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome Thread, i've printed all these places out and ticking them off one by one, I've hit the nurseries especially in Spring for my Macro shots, awesome one in Southside of Brisbane, about 25mins from BNE city, called Templex nursery in Algester. Also try The Lost World near Beaudesert for Landscape shots, if you're googling, its the Kerry Road (joins between Beaudsert and Darlington)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yummymummy View Post
    so probably not a good idea to be traveling out there at the moment then rofl .. unless of course you have a boat!
    funny how this is STILL relevant, we've had a great year of rain!
    Gillian
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Nikon |

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do love the Mt-Cootha Bot Gardens, the cactus garden can hold your attention for quite a while. (and I am so NOT the botanical/macro photographer)
    Nearby the Toowong cemetery is another favourite haunt of mine (boom boom).
    I also often drive up into Stuartholme Girls school and wander about there, the grounds are lovely. (My girls are enrolled there for 2014 so I feel a small sense of ownership.)
    (I live around these places, hence their place in my top 3)

UQ is also fabulous for architecture.
    the Valley is great for photographing whackos, ferals and other interesting types. I've never actually seen "Marilyn", only heard the legend. Have seen a few freak/tragics though. Diane Arbus would certainly be happy enough.

In the CBD, Burnett Lane is trying to do an arty Melbourne-laneways type thing. It's not overly brilliant but hey, it's all we've really got in Brisbane. If they ever put a cafe or restaurant in there please support it as it will be a gorgeous place to photograph if it gets going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exposures
    Gold Coast
    Every single over pass on the M1's
    City Scape views of surfers etc etc great views from reedy creek hills!
    www.comptephoto.tumblr.com
    www.flickr.com/photos/jordancompte/

Canon EOS 7D| Tokina 10-17 f/3.5-5.6| Canon 24-105 F/4 L
    Canon 580 EX II | Canon 430 EX II | Canon ST-E2|
    Photoshop CS5 | Lightroom 3|

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Head Nth West to Blackland Tablelands, lots of views, waterfalls, creeks and streams and wildlife, well worth a long visit with lots of walking trails.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are happy to go further afield, try Queen Mary's Fall out near Killarney. There's actually a few beautiful waterfalls all within a few kms from each other and you can also do some mild 4wding through Condamine Gorge. Best yet you don't have to walk too far to view them. Birds, especially parrots are also aplenty. Great area for those who love nature shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive only been here about 9 months - but loving having this thread as im going to try and go somewhere new each sunday.

i have found that - Shorncliff (Sp?) Jetty and surrounds is very nice little beach ( also if you have kids the playground look wicked...we have no kids yet...but my enthusiasm for the playground is still there )

Mount Coo-tha botanic gardens are great

I loved Australia Zoo & alma zoo

There are some great Churches around the city.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for setting up this thread. Am always looking for new places in Briissy to take photos when i am in town.
    Always do the best you can.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aquafish View Post
    If you are happy to go further afield, try Queen Mary's Fall out near Killarney. There's actually a few beautiful waterfalls all within a few kms from each other and you can also do some mild 4wding through Condamine Gorge. Best yet you don't have to walk too far to view them. Birds, especially parrots are also aplenty. Great area for those who love nature shots.
    SOme of the SEQ APers did an overnighter to QMF a couple of years ago (late March 2009)- might be about time to think about another one. If you put Queen mary Falls in the search box up at the top right you will see lots of threads. Some of my images here and here; and some other folks http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...een+Mary+Falls, http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...een+Mary+Falls and here
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast