Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Slideshow Pro, web design program

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slideshow Pro, web design program

Hi All,

I have spent all day today researching web design programs and scouring the forums here for advice, I came across a post where someone recommended Slideshow Pro, I cant find the thread again but anyway my question is, Has anyone used this to build a website?

I have downloaded the trial version and it is driving me insane, I cant figure out what to do with it after I have uploaded the photos, I have created a new gallery and a new album but it doesn't seem like it has been published as a web gallery and if it has I cant figure out how to view it as a webpage, the help guide tells me to copy the link from one page and copy it in another but buggered if I can find the page they are telling me to paste it in to, I have read the help guide which doesn't seem to be very helpful.

Does anyone have any tips for me?

Back to Basics
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kat, this might be the entry you were talking about. I haven't used it myself, but in John's response in that thread there's a link to slideshowpro.net. Have you tried the forums or wiki there?

Also, you said you were using the demo version. It's possible that it might be restricted in some way. Some demos don't have full functionality available.
    Cheryl B.

My Stuff... Canon 6D ~ Canon Speedlite 580EXII x 2 ~ Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro ~ Canon 50mm f1.8 ~ Canon 17-85mm f4-5.6 ~ Canon 16-35mm ~ Canon 70-200mm f2.8 ~ Photoshop CC ~ Lightroom Classic CC

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the reply and I think you are right due it being a trial version it looks like I don't have the publish button I need to be able to publish it to web, which is where I was confused.

I would still like to hear from anyone who has used the program and get their thoughts on the program and whether it is worth forking out for it once the trial version has expired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i used it on my website, but i have been having issues with my web hosting, so it does not seem to be working currently..

i had the full version, and it worked well, with simple and straight forward bits to it..

you could also ftp the pictures in the back ground and create galleries that way.... was easy to use

M
    www.pbase.com/mcphotographics loooots of pictures!
    hmmm Eq list... 1D II, 5D II, 7D, 100-400 LIS F4.5-5.6, 70-200 F2.8L, 135 F2, 85 F1.8, 24-70 F2.8L, 16-35 F2.8L, 420EX, 580EX II x2 ST-E2 Cir polar filters and much much more all in a neat back pack that kills my back!

Adobe CS5
    Week 16 Sheep Winner
    If you have a question about car / action / sports photography or Canon Cameras PM me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    * Link removed. Members with under 50 posts cannot promote commercial sites : Admin *

It's also integrated into a number of forums and content management systems.
    Last edited by ricktas; 25-05-2010 at 8:14am.