Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colour 120mm film and battery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colour 120mm film and battery

Hi guys,
    So the TLR arrived today and i went to freo to shoot some film... then i realised how nice it would be to have a roll of coloured film. Went to the camera shop there but they didn't have any and i went to the city too - no luck there.
    Anybody know where i can get them? I know it is possible as i was given a roll some time back but, can't ask that person where she got it from as she is away on holidays. It is a Kodak though and wonder if Ilford makes them? The guy at the shop said they are phasing out coloured 120 film now... Therefore, it is abit hard to get.
    Also, what is the replacement battery for the Yashica Mat 124G? Would 1.5v kill the meter if it's not already dead? Just wanna see if the meter still works. Cross fingers and hope it does... Otherwise, would Sunny16 be alright or should i get a light meter? How much does a light meter cost anyway?

Nikon D700 in all it's glory!

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oddly enough I've found Adorama quite a good place to buy film.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Odd that you cannot find it in Perth. Several of the Hobart camera stores stock 120 film. Hope another AP member can help you out in regard to where to get some locally. Light meters can cost a few hundred dollars or lots of hundreds of dollars. There are simple, basic ones and ones that are almost computers. Check the second hand camera dealers in you area, often you can pick up a decent second hand one at a reasonable price.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're seeking transparency (E6) film, I could help.
    Alive and still clicking - apologies to PSQ.
    Living and working in the Roaring Forties
    Assorted cameras of all sizes and shapes including Pentax K (the original), MX, Z1,K20D; 50mm 1.2, 35mm 2.0, 85mm 1.8

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, perhaps i wasn't clear in my post. I apologize. I can easily find black and white 120 film but it's like trying to find a needle in a hay stack when it comes to coloured 120 film. So just wondering where i can find them in perth?
    Where is adorama? What is it?
    As for E6 film...ermm.... i've never used them before... can i use it on my yashica 124G? How do i use it and where can i find it? Are they expensive to process? I'm just wanting to try different film at the moment... but find that i do quite ok with black and white photography.. keke...

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smallfooties View Post
    Where is adorama? What is it?
    U.S. mail order. Ultra reliable, good prices and lightning fast delivery, but p&p is pretty expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got some at Ted's in both Sydney & Melbourne just prior to Christmas. I assume they have Teds in Perth?
    Rob
    Canon gear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    E6 is colour transparency film. You'll have to find a lab which can handle it, or else bite the bullet and process it yourself.
    A 6cm by 6cm transparency is a joy to see, assuming you can locate a projector.
    The offer is still open.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    transparency film is different from slide film?
    Ok tell me where i can find E6 film please? keke....

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smallfooties View Post
    transparency film is different from slide film?
    Ok tell me where i can find E6 film please? keke....
    ...... they are one and the same...... some folks call 35mm format slide film, and Transparency film larger format, say 2 1/4 sq or 645 or 6x7 or 5x4 and larger......

I would start with Pro processing labs for E6, as most labs also sell stock...... Vision Graphics in Redfern NSW would be a good start

here you go...... http://www.visiongraphics.com.au/film_processing.php

and Perth...... http://www.miragephoto.com.au/what.html
    Last edited by Big Pix; 02-01-2010 at 7:34pm. Reason: more info

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    no transparency and slide are the same thing, it is either colour negative print film OR transparency/slide film

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep transparency is the normal name used, but i just say chrome. it's easier, and means the same thing. consumers used to call it slide film, as it was used for mounting and putting in slide projectors. mostly nowadays it is scanned, and boy does it scan well. also, known as e6, k14 et al. btw, they are not phasing out 120 film.......that's just an ignorant saleperson talking there (unless you meant that the business you are dealing with is phasing it out). i had two pro packs of 120 reala listed here a couple of weeks ago, but unfortunately it is sold. if you do want to get a heap of film, let me know, as I am about to order some in the coming weeks. there are a few people who want to tack some onto my order, so shipping costs will be negligable. as much as i like to support local business, film is a rort in the country. i can bring it in from OS for literally half the cost.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM View Post
    yep transparency is the normal name used, but i just say chrome. it's easier, and means the same thing. consumers used to call it slide film, as it was used for mounting and putting in slide projectors. mostly nowadays it is scanned, and boy does it scan well. also, known as e6, k14 et al. btw, they are not phasing out 120 film.......that's just an ignorant saleperson talking there (unless you meant that the business you are dealing with is phasing it out). i had two pro packs of 120 reala listed here a couple of weeks ago, but unfortunately it is sold. if you do want to get a heap of film, let me know, as I am about to order some in the coming weeks. there are a few people who want to tack some onto my order, so shipping costs will be negligable. as much as i like to support local business, film is a rort in the country. i can bring it in from OS for literally half the cost.
    Ohhhh! Would you mind getting me some coloured 120s please? I'm in Perth though, so you would have to send them to me?
    How much does 1 roll cost?
    Let me know the cost and i'll let you know how many i want. Thanks!

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys for explaining things to me... greatly appreciated!
    Film is SO exciting!

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM sent

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just put the battery in the yashica and found that the meter is working! yay!

Adorama Camera Customer Service HelenOster's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Message from Helen, Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    U.S. mail order. Ultra reliable, good prices and lightning fast delivery, but p&p is pretty expensive.
    42 West 18th Street, NY NY 10011

For small (light!) relatively inexpensive items we can always look at sending USPS rather than UPS.
    You just need to drop me a quick email!
    Sincerely

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
    www.adorama.com

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Helen, that's great to know. I've always wanted to purchase from Adorama, but the postage has always deterred me. I'll be placing an order this afternoon for some b+w filters, if we can work out some cheaper shipping.
    Last edited by TOM; 04-01-2010 at 10:04am.

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser henryp's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM View Post
    I've always wanted to purchase ... but the postage has always deterred me.
    Internat'l shipping fees are a continual source of concern for customers and retailers. Right now it seems the choices are cheap, or reliable and trackable. In general responsible retailers opt for the latter IMO. I know that for inexpensive relatively damage-proof items it's tempting to drop the merchandise in a padded envelope and slap some stamps on, but one person's inexpensive relatively damage-proof item is the next person's gotta-have-it-ASAP stuff.

I am NOT questioning Helen or Adorama and have the highest regard for both, but right now UPS, while not cheap, offers speed, reliability, a very good online package tracking system and they're responsive if a package is mislaid en route. USPS and other less expensive internat'l shipping options do not. That said, I understand it really doesn't make sense to buy a 20.00 filter and pay twice that in s&h. Perfectly reasonable.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooohh.. don't forget me when you guys next organize a group buy from the states.
    I've been eyeing a few items that would benefit from bulk buying.
    Nikon FX + m43
    davophoto.wordpress.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast