Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: twin lens reflex

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    This is funny! I have posted quite a few shots on AP that have been taken with my Seagull. even YOU have commented on them favourably. I specifically do not state whether a posted shot is film or digital cause I do not want to get into the arguments over the formats etc, that a select few seem to thrive on. AP. For me, the final photo is king, not how you made it.
    Hi rick, would you mind giving me the link to your pictures from the seagull? Would really like to see them. Thanks.

Nikon D700 in all it's glory!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krzys View Post
    a pentax spotmatic without a meter is a pentax matic
    Not really. It never had a spot meter to start with. It was originally designed with a spot meter but that did not make it into production. Spotmatic meters have always averaged the whole of the film frame.
    Ray Allen.

Pentax K10D, DA 18-55, DA 50-200, Tamron Di LD Macro 70-300, Tamron SP Di II 10-24, Asahi Pentax Spotmatic SP, Asahi Pentax SP1000, assorted Super-Takumar & SMC screw-mount lenses. Manfrotto 190XPROB Tripod + 804RC2 Head, 680B Monopod + 234RC Head.
    Software used: PS CS3 Extended/CS5 Extended, ACR 6.3, Lightroom 3.3, NIK Software plug-ins, FastStone 4.2, ACDSee 10, SilverFast Ai.
    My Flickr Images | My Web Site | Owner of Yahoo! Spotmatic Group
    For 350+ blood/plasma donations to Red Cross

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smallfooties View Post
    Thanks yarnella for your reply...
    Hmm... i got the spotmatic for $80 and i knew the meter wasn't working then...Perhaps i paid too much for it? I'm not sure how much i should sell the camera and the 4 lens for... Perhaps $200 excluding postage? Just thinking of selling them to fund the TLR i bought. And i probably won't be using them now that i've also got the Olympus OM-1, which has a working meter.
    Would you mind looking at the thread i posted in classifieds and tell me if the lens i'm selling with the spotmatic are worth the price?
    Thanks.
    I have sent you a PM regarding your advertisement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smallfooties View Post
    57euros?! How did you do that?
    bleah... well done though!
    Is it in good condition? Is the light meter working?
    Well... I was exited as well! But then found out that was a swindling [ I knew I took a risk as the price was really attractive] Fortunately, both Paypal & Ebay quickly warned me so I didn't lose any money...

Just after that, as I was very disappointed, I was almost about to buy the Mamiya C330 (which was lot more expensive), but I didn't, needed some more time to think about all of that.

Ok, well, back to hunt for a TLR now...
    My Flickr
    ----- Please excuse my broken English -----

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh! yeah... must be very careful with ebay... I also almost got swindled. Like i got an email from ebay saying that the seller i was communicating with was trying to steal my details for identity theft and other fraudulant activities!
    Anyway, i hope you have good luck in your hunt for a tlr... perhaps try other forums too?

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think i might be getting the tlr tml cos it's in transit now... -cross fingers- so excited! yayy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the best Smallfooties, and most importantly have fun with your new TLR

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi uglysingaporean! Today marks the arrival of the yashica 124G!! I just ran a roll of film through it. I hope it's all good...
    Looking high and low for the battery but they don't have the 1.3v batteries anymore... Is there a replacement one? I've been searching the net but different people are saying different things so i don't really know which path to follow? I used the sunny16 rule on the first roll... don't even know if i've done it right but the chart says i did... soo.... :confused
    still would like to find the battery to see if the meter is working...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    smallfooties: when i got the cam, the owner gave me a few batts and i havent needed to replace them. I do not even know what they are although the light meter works so far. Let me go take the batt out when i reach home today and see if its a mercury free variant.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uglysingaporean View Post
    smallfooties: when i got the cam, the owner gave me a few batts and i havent needed to replace them. I do not even know what they are although the light meter works so far. Let me go take the batt out when i reach home today and see if its a mercury free variant.
    Hey uglysingaporean,
    I found out what the replacement batteries are. Using the energizer zinc air ones...It's the same ones you use for hearing aids.
    Have you seen my post about me developing my first roll of film from the yashica? Curious results!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi smallfooties: sorry for the late reply. the batts i have are the funny UFO shaped ones, PX-sumthing. and i'm heading over to your other thread right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AP has been great in most of my interests in photography. A lot of helpful people here, I can tell!! Thanks.

Recently, I've been very interested in TLR. Mainly because of it's shape and the fact that it makes me feel like digging another hole in my wallet! But but but.. if as a beginner, which TLR should I look for? What should I know before purchasing one? Is it expensive to process this film at the store?

Hope to hear from you guys soon!
    Crumpler 5 Million Dollar + Canon EOS 7D + Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM, Manfrotto tripod
    Previous owned gear: Canon EOS 400D, Canon EOS 40D, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM, Macro Canon EF 35mm f/2, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8, Tamron 55-250m, Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM Macro, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have the Yashicamat LM. Simple, reliable and great results. I think I paid $100 for it. In fact, one of my all time favourite portraits was taken with that camera. I hand printed it (B&W) to 20x24 inches and gave it to a relative as a gift.

I've never used any of the others mentioned so can't comment on them.

How did your work out SF?
    The world is an AMAZING place . . .
    flickr :: panoramio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i bought my C33 for AU$120 with the chrome 80mm lens a couple of years ago. Loved it so much that when i was in the UK last year and came across a C3 (had to leave the c33 at home because of weight) with a 55mm (the wide angle) lens for 110 quid i snapped that up too. Great cameras if you can put up with their weight.

PLenty of examples here http://www.flickr.com/photos/doigal/tags/tlr/
    Cameras: Canon 20D, Canon A2, Fotoman 617, Hassy Xpan II, Mamiya C33 TLR.
    Flickr Album Redbubble Prints

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my yashica is fantabulous! I love it so much! The pictures it produces are really sharp.... but i don't know why some times there are blank shots.... hmmm....
    Anyhow... it's one of my prized possessions!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123