Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: twin lens reflex

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jev View Post
    With the C330, one doesn't need to cock the shutter separately from the film advance either does it?
    Yes

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unfortunately i was outbid by $2!!!! ARGH!
    you may have been outbid by $1000 for all you know, but a $2 higher bid is all that will show.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you serious? How come they don't show the actual amount that you have been outbid?
    hmm... anyway... I bought the yashica 124G off the guy from another forum! Spanky red and black one... aye, have to scringe on other stuffs now... keke...
    Just out of curiosity, how much should i really sell my pentax spotmatic with the 4 lenses? I don't really know the value of it now, i just put the total cost of what i paid for...

Nikon D700 in all it's glory!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a Yashica 124G on ebay as well. I took a bit of a risk as I got it for 57€, lot cheaper than every 124G I saw on ebay. Now need to find 120 film
    No idea about the price of a spotmatic, look how much they got sold on ebay, that would give you an idea of the price you can get. Good luck.
    My Flickr
    ----- Please excuse my broken English -----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When somebody asks about your TLR say the bottom lens takes the photo and the top lens steals their soul.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by batmat View Post
    I just bought a Yashica 124G on ebay as well. I took a bit of a risk as I got it for 57€, lot cheaper than every 124G I saw on ebay. Now need to find 120 film
    No idea about the price of a spotmatic, look how much they got sold on ebay, that would give you an idea of the price you can get. Good luck.
    57euros?! How did you do that?
    bleah... well done though!
    Is it in good condition? Is the light meter working?

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krzys View Post
    When somebody asks about your TLR say the bottom lens takes the photo and the top lens steals their soul.
    so deep....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    honeslty get over that piddly little light meter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    smallfooties: congrats on your purchase. I have a yashica 24, which can use 220 or 120 film. I'm sure your 124G can use 220 film too. 24 shots vs 12 shots. So no need to change rolls as often.

You might want to look out for some cheap lens hood too. I use a 46mm hood with a 34-46 step up ring. The hood pops up once in a while on ebay, and they are cheap too...around $10.

Enjoy your TLR.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uglysingaporean View Post
    smallfooties: congrats on your purchase. I have a yashica 24, which can use 220 or 120 film. I'm sure your 124G can use 220 film too. 24 shots vs 12 shots. So no need to change rolls as often.

You might want to look out for some cheap lens hood too. I use a 46mm hood with a 34-46 step up ring. The hood pops up once in a while on ebay, and they are cheap too...around $10.

Enjoy your TLR.
    hey uglysingaporean! Are you singaporean?
    Thanks! Hmm... how is your yashica 24? Post some pictures that were taken with it for us to see!
    Why do i need to get a lens hood? Sorry, i'm very new to TLR... keke...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lens will flare easily when you go outside and makes you three times cooler.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahaha... 3 times cooler eh? With that reason alone, i'm getting a lens hood! hahaha...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    smallfooties: yup i'm singaporean so forgive me if some of the nonsense i spout dun apply in australia. but ya as krzys has pointed out the hood is to reduce the flares. I'd try for a Hamas hood. 46mm is the biggest you can go without obstructing the viewing lens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smallfooties View Post
    hahaha... 3 times cooler eh? With that reason alone, i'm getting a lens hood! hahaha...
    Yup, definitely get a lens hood. It's not something you want, it's something you need. Don't ask how I know!
    Ray Allen.

Pentax K10D, DA 18-55, DA 50-200, Tamron Di LD Macro 70-300, Tamron SP Di II 10-24, Asahi Pentax Spotmatic SP, Asahi Pentax SP1000, assorted Super-Takumar & SMC screw-mount lenses. Manfrotto 190XPROB Tripod + 804RC2 Head, 680B Monopod + 234RC Head.
    Software used: PS CS3 Extended/CS5 Extended, ACR 6.3, Lightroom 3.3, NIK Software plug-ins, FastStone 4.2, ACDSee 10, SilverFast Ai.
    My Flickr Images | My Web Site | Owner of Yahoo! Spotmatic Group
    For 350+ blood/plasma donations to Red Cross

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yarnella View Post
    Yup, definitely get a lens hood. It's not something you want, it's something you need. Don't ask how I know!
    Hi there yarnella, I will get a lens hood when funds permit. Would there be a difference if i got a cheap one or an expensive one? I'm looking to ebay or camera electronics for it.
    I see you've got the pentax asahi spotmatic sp too! Just wondering, if i should keep it or sell it? Can the light meter be fixed? I know it's pretty old (like around 1964???) and would probably like to keep it if it's going to be a rare piece in future. But i'm also thinking of selling it to fund the TLR i bought? Your views would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it would make any difference buying a cheaper plastic lens hood versus a more expensive metal one. There are plenty for sale on eBay right now. Just do a search for "tlr lens hood". There is a plastic one going for under $10 - item 390125477665.

As for selling or keeping your Spotmatic, it depends on how much it means to you. I recently sold one of mine because it was not being used. It was in perfect working order, had a good leather case and a 50/1.4 Super-Takumar lens and the meter worked. I got $120 for it. This is it:Sold Spotmatic SP

The other two I still have and I won't be selling those as they mean too much to me. The SP1000 I bought new in 1975 and it still works as well as the day I bought it. The SP I bought secondhand from a pawnshop and it has been completely refurbished. Both are in perfect working order. Plus I run the Spotmatic group on Yahoo! so I am a bit of a Spotmatic tragic.

A Spotmatic with a non-working meter is a lot less desirable and is worth a lot less. It still functions without the meter but that may not mean a lot to a prospective buyer. The only way to fix the meter is to remove one from another body. Finding an organ donor may be difficult. New replacement meters do not exist.

I'll leave the final decision up to you.
    Last edited by yarnella; 30-12-2009 at 9:42am. Reason: Added sold camera link

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krzys View Post
    Dont get a Seagull don't get an early Yashica don't a 'cord don't get a Lubitel!
    This is funny! I have posted quite a few shots on AP that have been taken with my Seagull. even YOU have commented on them favourably. I specifically do not state whether a posted shot is film or digital cause I do not want to get into the arguments over the formats etc, that a select few seem to thrive on. AP. For me, the final photo is king, not how you made it.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read the thread. I am just warning against getting a camera that will break so easily. The lens on them is good and shows swirly bokeh. The shutter however, is crap. Why is it funny?

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yarnella View Post
    I don't think it would make any difference buying a cheaper plastic lens hood versus a more expensive metal one. There are plenty for sale on eBay right now. Just do a search for "tlr lens hood". There is a plastic one going for under $10 - item 390125477665.

As for selling or keeping your Spotmatic, it depends on how much it means to you. I recently sold one of mine because it was not being used. It was in perfect working order, had a good leather case and a 50/1.4 Super-Takumar lens and the meter worked. I got $120 for it. This is it:Sold Spotmatic SP

The other two I still have and I won't be selling those as they mean too much to me. The SP1000 I bought new in 1975 and it still works as well as the day I bought it. The SP I bought secondhand from a pawnshop and it has been completely refurbished. Both are in perfect working order. Plus I run the Spotmatic group on Yahoo! so I am a bit of a Spotmatic tragic.

A Spotmatic with a non-working meter is a lot less desirable and is worth a lot less. It still functions without the meter but that may not mean a lot to a prospective buyer. The only way to fix the meter is to remove one from another body. Finding an organ donor may be difficult. New replacement meters do not exist.

I'll leave the final decision up to you.
    Thanks yarnella for your reply...
    Hmm... i got the spotmatic for $80 and i knew the meter wasn't working then...Perhaps i paid too much for it? I'm not sure how much i should sell the camera and the 4 lens for... Perhaps $200 excluding postage? Just thinking of selling them to fund the TLR i bought. And i probably won't be using them now that i've also got the Olympus OM-1, which has a working meter.
    Would you mind looking at the thread i posted in classifieds and tell me if the lens i'm selling with the spotmatic are worth the price?
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a pentax spotmatic without a meter is a pentax matic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast