User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: CS4 - Using burn tool, but its burning an inch away from cursor - HELP PLEASE! :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CS4 - Using burn tool, but its burning an inch away from cursor - HELP PLEASE! :)

I'm hoping someone can help - i'm just using my laptop to fix the photo's i was asking about in another thread.
    I am trying to burn (the background) but instead of it burning where the cursor/circle is, its burning in some random spot - usually on the baby somewhere. How do i fix this does anyone know? I have downloaded all the CS4 updates thinking that might help, but had no luck. Have never had this problem with ps on my desktop pc just the laptop. and unfortunatley i have to use the laptop due to the calibration issues i'm having with the other.
    ANy advice much appreciated!
    Canon 50d
    Tamron 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 24-70mm 2.8L, 580EX II Speedlight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only thing I can think of is that it's a soft brush. Have you tried making it a hard brush?
    Sam.
    Kiddy Paparazzi, Wife and Mum of 4. Not always in that order!

Nikon F60 & Nikkor 35-80mm, Nikon D700 & Nikkor 50mm 1.4, 24 - 70 f/2.8G, 105mm micro f/2.8G Nikon SB800 speedlight, Casio Exilim P&S and other assorted paraphernalia that takes up too much room in my study!

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh i tried different brushes, but that didn't seem to help. Its like it doesn't recoginse the cursor/brush at all - like its position...its really strange

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sitting in front of Photoshop at the moment, but maybe check your brush settings? ie. the ones that can scatter the brush etc. I think it's one of the buttons down the right hand side (by default) that has your histogram button, action button, etc on it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Could be your graphics driver in your laptop. When CS4 came out there were lots of issues with the brush tool. Some people could not even see the brush when they went over a certain size (50 pixels brush size etc). I could see the lower part of my brush, but not the full 'circle' etc.

Check your laptop, find out what graphics card it has and make sure you have the current driver version for it, if not download and install the latest version.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you might be right Rick thanks - will try find what it is and update it!
    Thanks for that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I konw if you have capslock on you cannot see the brush, maybe that will help?
    Canon shooter